Events Made Easy Forums How do I … List attendees for the next event

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d like to create a list of bookings for the next event, but without having to code the EventId into the page. Is there a variable (or a way to create a variable) that I can use as the EventId so my page also shows the bookings for the next event? If I can get the next event, I can increment it to show the next two events etc. I have a feeling such a thing is possible, but I’ve not found it yet.

Franky
    Keymaster

EME has no real logic to know the “next” event, but you can use the [eme_events] shortcode and limit to scope=future and only show 1 event. And then, in the template used for that shortcode (via the template_id option), you can use #_EVENTID, which gives you the id of the next event. See the doc on template_id, template_id_header/footer here: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/6-shortcodes/eme_events/

Use something like this as content in the template (in fact another shortcode is used here):
    [eme_bookings id=#_EVENTID]

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is one of the tasks I am trying to complete also.
    If I understand you, dont use [eme_attendees] to list the attendees do in a template called from [eme_bookings scope=future limit=1 template_id=xx] instead?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky – thank you for your rapid reply. I’ve got two templates containing “[eme_bookings id=#_EVENTID]” and in my page I am using [eme_events scope=future limit=1 template_id=1 template_id_header=2]. In the Bookings List Format field (on RSVP settings page) I’ve put various short codes (e.g. #_EVENTNAME #_RESPNAME) and it works perfectly listing all the bookings. However, the shortcodes (e.g #_EVENTNAME) in the Bookings List Header field, display as the shortcode and don’t translate into data. I’m clearly missing something – all help much appreciated.

Franky
    Keymaster

@eric r: sorry, indeed you can use #_ATTENDEES too

@dcorfan: it is possible that the the header/footer templates aren’t parsed for placeholders. I’ll check …
    Edit: indeed a small logic error prevents the placeholder replacement from the settings (it will work if you use templates). Expect a fix this week (well, today in fact, I hope to release this week).

Franky
    Keymaster

@dcorfan: it is fixed with this change (will be in the next version):
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/1771668/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top