Events Made Easy Forums Generic list and edit the seperate events of a recurring event, event state:cancelled

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

when creating a serial/recurring event, I’d like to have a box that list all the separate events belonging to this recurrence to easily see, cancel or move them.

I often use eme for dancing classes. They are usually on the same day and time every week, but there are exceptions from time to time (public holidays, room is occupied otherwise, teacher on tournament …) so sometimes I have to move some of the events to the day before or after, an hour ahead or back or cancel it altogether. I have to enter a lot of these and each and everyone has such exceptions that are know beforehand.

A typical example from last year is: “every Monday 8 PM, but here are the days it’s actually really on: 15.09.2014, 22.09.2014, 29.09.2014, 06.10.2014, 13.10.2014, 03.11.2014, 10.11.2014, 24.11.2014, 01.12.2014, 08.12.2014” notice the gaps eg. between 13.10. and 03.11. Noticing the gaps, finding these singular events, deleting them is PITA. And when I update the recurrence, they are back.

that brings me to an event state “cancelled”. People want to look up an event and want to see the information: this course does not happen today. Events with that state should be displayed in the calendar, but maybe as strike-through. The single event view should contain a prominent warning message like: “This event of a recurrence does not take place.”

Franky
    Keymaster

You can edit a single event in a recurrence, by clicking on the event id.
    You can search in the event list for anything (including a date), you can even set custom dates as recurrence.
    For the “cancelled” event: create another event with a special category and use css and that category to display the event to your liking.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

this post should have been in feature requests, sorry for that.

(ab-)using the category for cancelled events isn’t the clean solution I was looking for, but I’ll give it a try. Having a status “canceled” would be my preferred solution, but I see this would introduce a lot of work and hassle …

Thanks a lot for the hint about “custom dates” recurrences. I didn’t know it was there. I probably didn’t read the release notes when it was introduced.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top