Events Made Easy Forums Generic links on calendar widget

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Why the Calendar Widget Events links are different from the Events list widget ones?

I’ll try to explain a little better….
    I have the Calendar Widget and the Events list Widget on my sidebar. There is an upcoming event on 26th…

The event link on the calendar is pointing to: http://www.elsamarrero.com/events/2014-04-26/
    the same event link on the Events list is pointing to: http://www.elsamarrero.com/events/17/el-arte-de-la-seduccion/

The destination is the same but I’m using the function “eme_is_single_event_page()” to recognize that the current page is an event page. But if click to the first link it doesn’t recognize as an event page (eme_is_single_event_page() returns nothing, using the second link returns 1)

How can I change the links on the calendar to be the same as the events list widget.

And if its not possible how can I recognize as an event page this kind of url: http://www.elsamarrero.com/events/2014-04-26/

Please let me know.

Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

The calendar points to the day having events, not the event itself. If the day only has one event that event will be shown immediately, otherwise a list of events on that day will be shown.

Edit: concerning your second question: use “eme_is_events_page()”, that should work then.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply Franky.

using “eme_is_events_page()” works fine and I recognize as an event page now… the problem is that I need to get the event ID. ($event_id = $wp_query->query_vars[‘event_id’]). And I amb not able to do it on the first url… 🙁

any ideas?

Franky
    Keymaster

Maybe we should take a step back here: what are you trying to accomplish? And are the available EME hooks and filters not enough in this case?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok,
    What I want to accomplish here is to show the RSVP form into the sidebar on each single event page…

So What I do is placing that code in the sidebar php archive.

if(eme_is_single_event_page() || eme_is_events_page()){?>
    <h3 class=”widget-title”>RSVP Form</h3>
    <div class=”registerFormContainer”>
    <?php
    $event_id = $wp_query->query_vars[‘event_id’];
    echo do_shortcode(“[events_add_booking_form id=" . $event_id . "]“);
    ?>
    </div>
    <?php }?>

Works perfect, but as I said, cannot get the ID on the first url… (http://www.elsamarrero.com/events/2014-04-26/)

Hope I explained well…

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, the reason I explained already above.
    To get the event_id in both cases (small remark: use get_query_var(), it’s easier), I’d do this:

if (eme_is_events_page()) {
          $event_shown=0;
          if (get_query_var('calendar_day')) {
             $date = eme_sanitize_request(get_query_var('calendar_day')); 
             $events_N = eme_events_count_for ( $date );
             if ($events_N == 1) {
                $events = eme_get_events ( 0, eme_sanitize_request(get_query_var('calendar_day')));
                $event = $events[0];
                $event_id = $event['event_id'];
                $event_shown=1;            
             }
          }

if (!$event_shown && eme_is_single_event_page()) {
             // single event page
             $event_id = intval(get_query_var('event_id'));
           }
    <DO YOUR STUFF WITH $event_id >
    }

I admit that it is not very efficient, but without code changes there’s no other option.

Anonymous
    Inactive

enough for me!
    Works perfect. U saved my day.

Thank u very much!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top