Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Links being removed in event related email

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

HTML related links seem to be removed in event related emails.
    Simple example using the predefined Traditional Music session event and adding the following in the content field:

Invititation to #_EVENTNAME

Content:

#_EVENTDETAILS

link to event: #_EVENTPAGEURL

#_ICALLINK

results in an email without clickable links:

Invititation to Traditional music session

Content:

link to event: http://localhost/wordpress/events/traditional-music-session/

ICAL

In this example content is empty, since the event has no content. If I for instance add text to the Event description field and also embed a link to an image, I am getting the text back in the content, but the image link (and so the showing of the image) is removed.
    Emailtype is set to HTML emails, I verified that. Tried it also with a fresh WordPress installation locally without any other plugins that could interfere with EME.

What I basically want, is to email the event out the same as it would appear on the page without any separate creation of email content, except maybe a headline and the ICAL and eventpage links added.

Thank you for your help!

Franky
    Keymaster

What is your mail sending method? Is that wp_mail or something else? Can it be (if wp_mail) some other plugin is filtering?

Franky
    Keymaster

No feedback, so marking closed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello and sorry, I was not able to answer yesterday.
    It is a fresh wordpress installation, so the only plugins present in there are the ones that come with it (Akismet and Hello Dolly).
    Mail delivery method is SMTP.

Franky
    Keymaster

Is it possible to give me a temp admin account?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately on my local computer, not exposed to the internet.

Franky
    Keymaster

Several options:

– send HTML is not set to true in the EME settings
    – your mail client is converting html to text or shows the text-version first

I have no other clue to give here, all my installations work as expected. And if I can’t test on your end, I can only check so much.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for the reply.
    HTML is definitely switched on, looking at the source code of the email the links are removed, als without an email client (Gmail Web UI) no links are present.
    Will try to set up a reachable installation, thank you for your help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top