Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Link to Existing Content Drop Down to list events as well as posts and pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible when in a page or post to have the events show up in the drop down box to link to existing content? Right now it only shows posts and pages. My client is wanting to easily link to an event page and doesn’t want to have to copy and paste the URL. Is this a new feature request or is it something that can be changed in WordPress now?

Franky
    Keymaster

Events are not posts, so the dropdown you talk about won’t give that info (I honestly don’t know what dropdown you are talking about, but I can imagine it).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I realize they are not posts or pages but to my client who is trying to link to an event page sees it as if it is existing content just like a page or a post. For this drop down box, go to WordPress, open a page or a post, go to the content and highlight the text you want to add the link to and click on the link button, in the display box that opens for you to put the URL of the link there is a drop down box for you to easily link to existing content.

Franky
    Keymaster

As this is only possible for real posts/pages, this can’t be realized. So closing .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Understood; that was kind of a picky/obscure feature to request, but if the OP is still around she might be interested in my semi-ugly “Shadow Posts” hack at http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=1843

The “shadow posts” would be selectable from the drop-down she’s talking about, and they in turn autoredirect to the relevant Event page.

Franky
    Keymaster

Indeed, that’s a possibility. Also you can use a real page for the event, and use the “url” feature when creating an event to point to that page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top