Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Link to event registration is not working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Last week I installed the event manager, everything works fine. I tested the registration of the events all working.

Today I got an email of someone who wanted to register for one of our events, but instead of the registration form they got to a completely different page.

Anyone who knows how to fix this?

(if its not clear for you please let me know, my english writing isnt the best 🙂 )

Franky
    Keymaster

So figure out what page they are seeing first … did you try it?

And for events: the registration form is part of the single event description.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes I tried it.

I have the list with events (put it in with the short code[events_list])

When I click on the event, they have the site with our latest news, but the link says http://www.gaviiformes.nl/evenementen/55/introduik/

Where they see this page http://www.gaviiformes.nl/category/news/

Hopefully this is helpfull.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I think your permalinks are off. Go to the permalinks and save the settings again.

The next version (hopefully) will allow you to change the permalink prefix, so that should be easier then.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im feeling a bit stupid….

I found in the event manager:

“Enable event permalinks if possible? (its Yes on mine)

If Yes, EME will render SEO permalinks if permalinks are activated.”

Do I have to change settinge somewhere else maybe?? (I noticed I’m not that good in wordpress atm).

Franky
    Keymaster

To reset the permalinks: deactivate/reactivate EME

then go to *Wordpress* settings “Permalinks” and press “Save changes” to be sure.

Then try again

Anonymous
    Inactive

well i have that same problem! could there be a problem with the new wordpress version? i tried it the same way. it only works when i have added a specific page as the event main page. but when i try to use a normal page with the shortcode [events_list showperiod=monthly] it doesnt work…

is there another way to add a monthly header to my list? btw my programming knowledge is not that great…

Franky
    Keymaster

You *always* need to have a specific page as the event main page in the settings, otherwise: no dice.

Anonymous
    Inactive

alright, finally i know how to get this working with the shortcode!

thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top