Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Link EME Categories and Locations to External URLs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe I’m the only person who uses the event categories in this manner, but I thought I’d take a stab in the dark anyway with this feature request.

I manage a review website for charitable nonprofits. Each reviewed charity can submit upcoming events, which are then added to the homepage, the events page, and their review page. Each charity has its own event category and that category, along with the event date, is how I sort them to display in the correct places. For instance, my default event list looks like this:

<ul class="eme_events_list">
    <li class="events">
    <ul class="event">
    <li class="event_date">#_{F d, Y} [events_if tag="#ESC_{F d, Y}" notvalue="#ESC@_{F d, Y}"] #@_{- F d, Y} [/events_if]<br /> #g:#i#a - #@g:#@i#@a</li>
    <li class="event_name">#_LINKEDNAME</li>
    <li class="event_location">#_LOCATION, #_TOWN</li>
    <li class="event_org">listed for #_CATEGORIES</li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    </ul>

What I have been trying to figure out for several months are how I can turn #_CATEGORIES into a link that takes the visitor to the review page for that charity and how to turn #_LOCATION into a link that will take the visitor to the location’s website.

When adding/editing an event there is the option to have the single event linked to an external URL. When adding/editing an event category or location, there’s not an option to have them linked anywhere… I’d like that option and I’m hopeful I’m not alone in this.

What do you think; is it doable or am I asking for way too much here?

Franky
    Keymaster

everything is doable, but depends on the need of many and the time of one 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky,

How about if I hired you to add these features to an upcoming release? What would you charge and would you be willing to take on the task?

Franky
    Keymaster

To be most honest: just make a donation for the work already done. I have this on my todo list …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d also like to see links for #_CATEGORIES if possible – though in my case I’d rather link to a list of upcoming events in that category.

Franky
    Keymaster

The location can now also have an external url, implemented in latest trunk.

Categories don’t point to an url, but using conditional tags, you can let appear any url of your choice checking the resulting content of #_CATEGORIES (see the examples in the documentation).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top