Events Made Easy Forums Generic Limit access does not work on posts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

The module to select that a page or post is restricted to a membership only works for pages and not for posts though I can select it there.

I just tried limiting a post to a membership. On the pages I see that I don’t have access, but when I directly use the url of a post I can still view it.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m sorry but I can’t reproduce that. Here it works fine on posts too … are you sure it isn’t some browser cache?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s strange. If you open the website I emailed about with the member username and the password you can see that the pages News and some other are restricted, but from the homepage there are some links to events and news and the news items (posts) are fully accessible. Though I have restricted the access for each post.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For not logged in users it’s restricted, but for logged in users with status pending it’s accessible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Next to that I see for an individual event (there are links to them on the homepage) that the content is restricted, but for a logged in pending member the subscribe form shows up.

Franky
    Keymaster

I didn’t receive a mail from you (or I already deleted it, I tend not to keep things too long 🙂 )
    Concerning the membership: I specifically test for active members, but I’ll check later on.
    Concerning the rsvp form: how are you restricting access to the form?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It was a previous mail that day. I’ll send you a mail with the url and details of a test member that is pending.

Regarding the rsvp form: for each event I check the “Require WP membership for booking” checkbox. That of course does not hide the form for a logged in pending user, but I have also set the restricted access on the Events page (the one the plugin generates)

Franky
    Keymaster

The special events page will not honour that restriction.

Franky
    Keymaster

Concerning the post issue: this is related to the Divi builder not filtering wordpress posts as it should (but getting the content directly from the database). So I can’t change that unless you ask Divi how to filter it (since it is a paying thing, I don’t do that).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top