Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Legacy Paypal Button not showing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I feel stupid for asking, as it seems it should be obvious, but for the life of me I can’t figure it out.

I wanted to test Legacy Paypal instead of Paypal payment. I filled out the EME payment settings and everything on my Paypal account (I think).
    The only Paypal related thing needed in the EME setting is just my business ID or merchant email, correct? I also tried my No secret or any API key or anything. But no button showing up on the payment form when I change the payment method in the Event.
    On the Paypal side, I added the EME notification URL as shown in the settings to SANDBOX WEBHOOKS.

The “regular” Paypal method works OK and but as you say on the settings page, there are shortcomings. That’s why wanted to try Legacy.

What am I missing here? Is there any documentation on this you might point me to? Google was not my friend…

And while on the subject of bookings and payments: Is there a placeholder for the payment ID? Similar to #_BOOKINGID? I can see the Payment ID under approved bookings and I would like to include it in the booking approved emails, if at all possible?

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

Did you check legacy PayPal as a payment method for the event (RSVP settings per event)? Just entering the settings is not enough …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, sorry, thought I’d mentioned that – must have gotten lost when I edited the message.

Yes, I enabled Legacy and made sure to disable regular Paypal per event.

Just tried it again, and I even created a brand-new event to make sure that there was no other glitch in the old settings somewhere… Same thing, not payment button.

Franky
    Keymaster

Just tried it here: it comes up just fine. Anything in the php logs or the console? Test event for me?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure how to access the php logs, where can I find them?
    Browser console throws no errors.

And here is test event page: https://now2022.de/registration-test/
    Wordpress Page Title: Registration Legacy Paypal Test
    EME Event: “Test Legacy Paypal” ID: 47

You still have access to my site with your email… Let me know if you need me to send credentials as well…

Thank you.

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes, send me the credentials as well. I don’t keep info on other people’s sites.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks – email is on the way…

Franky
    Keymaster

You have a specific filter in place ( eme_payment_gateways ).
    Because I see that your offline payment info is shown above the one for Mollie, which is not normally the case …
    And you don’t specify legacypaypal in that filter, so the button doesn’t show.
    Reason: if I remove the use of that filter, the legacy button shows (and the Mollie info is shown above the offline info). So correct your filter.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG…

Now I’m embarrassed – totally have forgotten about the filter! Of course, that was the issue.
    Thank you soooo much for finding this, I wouldn’t have thought of it in a million years.

The only reason I use the filter in the first place is exactly what you pointed out – showing Mollie first, because we want people to use Moliie over Paypal..

Almost too afraid to ask, but can I still bother with my question about a payment ID placeholder? Similar to #_BOOKINGID?
    Payment ID is available in the backend under approved bookings, and I would like to include it in the booking approved emails, if at all possible?

Thank you, thank you.

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version will have #_PAYMENTID too for members and bookings

Anonymous
    Inactive

👍👍👍
    🙏🙏🙏

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky, can I ask when you plan the next version to be released?
    So that I can plan our site launch accordingly?

Thanks again for everything.

Franky
    Keymaster

Is the legacy paypal working? And I assume you want that payment id to inform your clients about the text in the payment transaction?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, yes, it works great! Thought my answers made that implicitly clear. Sorry.

And yes, payment id to inform my clients and to put on the pdf ticket.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just saw the update – works perfectly.
    Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top