Events Made Easy Forums How do I … is there a way to import csv format for recurring event

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I want to know and get advise on how best to import and export recurring events.

I am working on a staging site for a client, and would like to export the events I added to the staging site into live site once the client approves of the plugin.

Any tips will be helpful.

Thanks,
    -Sudd.

Franky
    Keymaster

If the live site contains no other EME events, you can export all EME-related mysql tables from the dev site and import those (the names have the wp table prefix followed by “eme_”). Next to that, go in the wordpress table for options and export all options which names start with “eme_”.
    After you import all, you can install the EME plugin on the live site and all should be ok

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks.. Will try this.

Regards,
    -Sudd.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another related question:

Like using csv to import events, is there a way to csv import recurring events?

The client has 50 or so recurring events, which i would like to find a quick way to import into the staging site.

Please Advise.

Thanks,
    -Sudd.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, but importing recurrent events (using the csv) is not possible right now … the db export/import can help in the recurrence definition and then – to add the events from the recurrences – go in the recurrence admin and edit the recurrence and just press save (or if all recurrences have the same end date: select all recurrences, extend the end date by a day or so via the mass action menu, press save and then change the end date back).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried the method and it seems acceptable.

Basically, import an events, select event to be recurrent change its end date, select the frequency of the event and save. This should automatically place the event as a recurrent event.

Cheers.
    -Sudd.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top