Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Is it possible to change the #_ placeholder formats?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I love the reservation system; it’s made our group’s life a whole lot nicer over the past two weeks. One dry run and it’s already convinced me to donate. 🙂

I have a question about the #_TAGS in an event description, specifically the #_RESERVEDSPACES and #_AVAILABLESPACES.

I have the following code as part of the event page:

Code:
    Spaces Booked: #_RESERVEDSPACES
    Available Spaces: #_AVAILABLESPACES

But what I’d like is to have that only show up if RSVP is enabled for that event. (Obviously, at the moment for non-RSVP events, I get the headers, but just blank spaces afterwards.) I think I can do this if I can edit the #_AVAILABLESPACES function to include the legend as part of the string it returns. I just don’t know where to find the definition of that code.

There may be a better way to do this; I just don’t know what it is.

About me: I’m not a programmer by training or trade, but I know enough HTML, PHP, and JS to get by, and I’m not afraid to experiment in the code. If you have suggestions, assume you’re talking to someone with a very limited vocabulary. 🙂

Thanks,

~F

Franky
    Keymaster

You can use conditional tags for that, see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=24

In your case, you should check the result of the #_IS_RSVP_ENABLED tag (which wasn’t on the doc page, but now I added it):

[events_if tag='#_IS_RSVP_ENABLED' value='1'] show some stuff, eg. #_AVAILABLESPACES [/events_if]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the quick reply, Franky. That’s exactly what I am looking for!

~F

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top