Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Import locations – location_category_ids and location_map_icon not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    first of all, great plugin.

I´m trying for a few hours now to (mass) import locations with a csv-file. Importing the description, latitude, name and almost everything works fine – i get no errors.

But i can´t figure out how to import the categories. I used ‘location_category_ids’ as field with parameters ‘1’ for example, but it isn´t working. Category already exists before the import, but when i go on the properties of the location the category is not marked/hooked.

The second problem i have is that i can´t import the url for the icon (aka marker / baloon) on the map. I have tried the field names ‘location_map_icon’, ‘location_eme_loc_prop_map_icon’, ‘location_image_id’. Doubtless i have the wrong field name, I can´t find the right one.

I have read the Documentation, searched the forum, tried and tried but i have no clue. Perhaps somebody has an idea/hint for me?

Thanks in advance.

Franky
    Keymaster

Would you mind sending me a csv example file containing the headers and a line for the category_ids and for the balloon? I’ll try it here too.
    For what I can see: location_category_ids is text (so make sure it is enclosed in double quotes), but import should work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm just tried with double quotes without success. I mailed you the csv. My separator is ” the delimiter ,

Franky
    Keymaster

You did not use the correct syntax:

– your fields need to be all enclosed with a delimiter (default is double quotes: “), then the category id will already work
    – For properties: https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/19-csv-import/csv-import-events-and-locations/ : use “prop_map_icon” for your map_icon property.

I’ve mailed you an example.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks a lot, now it works.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top