Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My sites use Google reCAPTCHA through Contact Form 7 and Hubspot forms. I don’t want to have two different types of authentication. I’d like to be able to use Google’s reCAPTCHA.

I appreciate that the current implementation makes it easier for people to implement some level of security. However, for those of us who already have a Google reCAPTCHA key, the setup is as simple as copy/paste of the keys.

I’d suggest that this is a much better solution for you.

1. There is no need to reinvent the wheel
    2. Google will has a bigger budget and can devote more resources to this
    3. Security should not be taken lightly
    4. You don’t want to have responsibility for our security
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I wondered if you have any thoughts about supporting Google reCAPTCHA in EME? Contact Form 7 started supporting reCAPTCHA 18 months ago which, in my experience, works very well.
    http://contactform7.com/recaptcha

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m using another plugin now for recaptcha on the registration form. Apparently quite some spam gets through just fine …
    Is the EME captcha not sufficient anymore?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have not experienced problems of spam or technical issues with the CAPTCHA in EME.

My observation is that the EME CAPTCHA looks a bit old-fashioned compared to Google reCAPTCHA. Our site has contact forms using Contact Form 7 which uses Google reCAPTCHA, so there is an inconsistent look and feel across our site.

There is one issue to consider with using Google reCAPTCHA, which is that it is difficult for someone in China to contact us because Google is blocked there.

Franky
    Keymaster

Google recaptcha is on the list, but it is not a priority. Feel free to donate to move this up my list 🙂
    Anyway, some counter remarks:
    1. The wheel was already invented (I took the code from a project I did years ago, I think even before recaptcha was there).
    2. True, but there is not much budget needed for this, it just works
    3. I never take security lightly
    4. I’m never responsible for others security (security is way more than a simple captcha … I also use hidden honeypot fields and wordpress nounces for the forms).

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, thanks for the response.

Franky
    Keymaster

This is now implemented in the development version and will be in the next release.

Anonymous
    Inactive

great, I’m looking forward to seeing it in action.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top