Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Images in event descriptions are broken in child pages!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First of all, excellent plugin! 🙂 This is exactly what I needed for a client’s site, and after working with it, I may use it on some of my own personal sites as well.

I’ve found a bug, though…when the “events page” is a child page, any images in the event description shown on the events page are broken because the image URL includes the page hierarchy.

For instance, on my /calendar/ page, the image source URL is correct:

http://mydomain.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/soldout2.png

…But on my /calendar/events/ page, the URL includes the hierarchy, resulting in a broken image:

http://mydomain.com/calendar/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/soldout2.png

Let me know if you need more details or a URL to see this in action!

Franky
    Keymaster

Confirmed as a bug, I’ll look into it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks very much. 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmmm … I thought you were talking about the location image. But for the images in the event description, the standard wordpress editor is used. I don’t change anything in that field. Do be careful: you can’t just “move” a page a level down, the generated info (like image url’s) in that page will indeed no longer be correct. Maybe that’s what has happened?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, nice catch. 🙂 That was apparently the issue! The last event or two I entered didn’t have this problem, but I didn’t see it because I was testing layout changes on the first couple of events (since they were higher on the page and easier to click on). I removed and re-added the problem images (*facepalm*), and everything is displaying correctly now. Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

glad to hear it isn’t a bug 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top