Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Testing related to #saddr {margin:0;} not seeming to work in IE 6 & 7 (reported in http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=383) has disclosed that to not be the true problem and furthermore that there is a significant styling problem with “Next month >>” using either IE 6 or 7. The underlying issue seems to be that IE 6 & 7 render HTML5 pages in “quirks mode,” which is essentially IE 5/5.5 mode. I am still investigating and trying to find fixes compatible with modern browsers.

Franky
    Keymaster

well, IE6 can be discarded as google maps api doesn’t support it anymore (and it’s way outdated, although still in use at some companies). I don’t know the use of IE7 in the world though …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was surprised to find that Google maps actually seems to work normally in EME with IE 6 under Windows 2000 (I have Windows 2000 on some old test servers). I don’t know why anyone running Windows XP or newer wouldn’t upgrade where upgrades are free and IE 8 is much better, but lots of people seem content to continue using obsolete software.

I host a large number of websites and collect yearly and monthly browser usage statistics based on millions of unique visitors to those sites. The percentage of IE usage during 2010 was as follows:

IE8: 31.32%

IE7: 11.46%

IE6: 17.05%

Note that there was more use of IE6 than IE7.

Franky
    Keymaster

is this still an issue with the other browser fixes in place?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not aware of other IE 6 or 7 issues, but I haven’t tested extensively with those browsers. Let’s consider this closed for now. I will check more carefully when I have time and start new treads if I find other issues.

Franky
    Keymaster

closed 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top