Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How to show weekly reccurent list of events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I was unable to find the following on events shortcode options.

My client wants to show list of events what occur per day of the week. Since these events happen every week there is no need to show calendar date on the list. It would be ideal if I can show only Monday or Tuesday..Sunday etc list of events it should include events that are one of for the week we are showing.

Is there a way to get this information through your plugin, either via shortcode or custom sql script?

Please advise.

Thanks,
    -Sudd.

Franky
    Keymaster

You can use the scope option to the eme_events shortcode, see https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/6-shortcodes/eme_events/
    scope=this_week or scope=+7d might be what you want.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried those, not it.

More specifically, Recurrence has a Scope setting, which allows us to choose the day of the week when recurrence occurs.

A shortcode that can find all recurrent events of Monday. This should shows listing of all events on Monday for instance.

Hope this makes sense. Please advise, if this is possible. Even a SQL hint will be helpful.

Thanks,
    -Sudd.

Franky
    Keymaster

Best is to create a simple shortcode yourself, where you translate “Monday” to the day you want (YYYY-MM-DD) and then use eme_get_events_list to only show events of that day. See https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/5-template-api/ for that (and https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/6-shortcodes/eme_events/ for all options you can use).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the tip.. I am able to create a list with a custom shortcode to our satisfaction.

I did notice that I am seeing in the list duplicate recurrent event. Why do these occur?

Not all events are duplicated, only some of them, apparently those events which I have edited recently. I always edit via manage recurrent event.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    -Sudd.

Franky
    Keymaster

I can’t tell for you, but check your list of events in the backend. If at any time you modified a single event (that is part of a recurrence), it becomes a standalone event. When then editing the recurrence, it recreates the missing event, creating what you would call a double.
    Also, check the option “show_recurrent_events_once”

Anonymous
    Inactive

I cannot find the option “show_recurrent_events_once” . Need hint.

Thanks,
    -Sudd.

Franky
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Got it Thank You for your help.

Cheers,
    -Sudd.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top