Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How to let people pay AFTER approvement

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Franky,

For this event I want to approve attendees, because we want to give some persons priorities over others (depending on how far they are in their learning).

In EME, you approve attendees AFTER they pay,but I want to skip the payment part, until after they are approved by us. It’s a hassle to be paying people back, when we can avoid that.

I want to use Mollie, but I deselected it and instead used Offline payment. (writing on that page that they will get an e-mail with the payment url)
    However, if I put the #_payment_url in the e-mail, because Mollie is switched off, it doesn’t work.

How to work around this while using Mollie? (Or a last resort would be to put our pay account number etc. in the email, but it is not my preferred option)

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, you indicate that the event can’t be paid for via Mollie (only offline), but then you want them to pay via Mollie later on. That’s a problem 🙂
    A workaround: keep Mollie in the picture and configure in the EME options a huge “Redirect wait period” (so people won’t be inclined to wait before being redirected to Mollie, and you can put in your message whatever you want). Do note that this redirect wait period is used for everything that requires a payment (memberships too then).
    Also: EME has the refund option that can be used for Mollie, so when refusing a booking the refund can happen by just selecting the option “Refund if possible” when declining a booking.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah I knew that wouldn’t work, that’s why I described the dilemma.

I did think about a long redirecting time, but like you said, it will affect all the other payment pages as well…

I guess refunding people is the only other option next to the old fashioned way of paying?

Franky
    Keymaster

It is either refunding or a new option for EME to be developed … I can be persuaded you know 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pretty please, a new developed option 😀 😀 😀

Btw: I solved it (for now?) by making 2 events:
    1. Portal eventpage >>Offline payment with just message for approvement>> then approve>> add to a specific WP group
    then an email with instruction with link to
    2. Paying eventpage: only that group can then book via Mollie via #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_USER_IN_GROUP{groupname}

Franky
    Keymaster

That’s indeed one way of doing it.
    And from the changelog: “Allow to skip payment directly after booking”
    Feel free to make a donation 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, glad I found a way.
    I checked the changelog, didn’t see anything new there?
    Done. I was going to do it after completing everything (y) keep up the good work!

Franky
    Keymaster

The changelog is for the next version 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top