Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How to implement filter_form??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t figure out how to use [events_filterform]. I want a dropdown selector to be available for web viewers to select a category to find/sort events. I inserted the shortcodes:

[events_filterform]

[events_list]

as the only text on my Events page. The events show up fine but I see no dropdown selector for filtering. I’m probably missing something obvious but cannot figure this out.

Thanks,

Bill

Franky
    Keymaster

First: don’t change the special events page, read the warning when doing so. Create your own page and put the shortcodes there

Second: configure the fields to be shown for the filtering in the EME settings page.

Read this: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=28

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the prompt reply. I got the [events_filterform] to work on another page in my web site but I wanted to allow users to do their selecting (filtering) on the Events page. Is it not possible to implement a filtering dropdown capability at all on the “Events” page? I don’t really want to confuse users with two “events” calendar pages. Can you point me to any examples where this is implemented so I can get some alternative presentation ideas.

Regards,

Bill

Franky
    Keymaster

No, not possible. Read again the warning in the admin page: “The content of this page (including shortcodes of any kind) will be ignored completely and dynamically replaced by events data”

and also when editing the page: “This page corresponds to Events Manager Extended events page. Its content will be overriden by Events Manager Extended. If you want to display your content, you can can assign another page to Events Manager Extended in the the Settings.”

Best thing to do is not let this page appear in the menu (setting “Show events page in lists” to “no”) and if you have a custom menu, just remove that page from it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you – I’ll just hide the “events” page and publish events information on another page.

Bill

Anonymous
    Inactive

How hard would it be to add a “description” as the first element in each pulldown array that constitutes the filter event in the [events_filterform] shortcode? It would be nice to have a boldface first choice that said “CATEGORY” or “MONTH” or “LOCATION” etc. That information would better direct users to select from the correct pulldown when they are looking for an event or a list of events.

Thanks,

Bill

Franky
    Keymaster

You can format the whole filter form, see the settings page for this, look for “Default event list filtering format”

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am sorry but I don’t understand, I’ve tried to put [events_filterform] in the options page, as header or footer of the default events list. Everything seems to be ok, but when I try to select a category nothing happens. Why this. So I’ve tried to deactivate the events page and put two shortcodes [events_filterform]

[events_list], everything is ok, but I cannot access to the post of the events, i remain in the page with the list of events…

Franky
    Keymaster
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top