Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How to have only one RSVP/people by defaut

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    When I create an event in the backend I can force only one RSVP by Name/e-mail. But when the event is created with EMEFS I don’t know how to set this parameter by default. Have you a solution ?

Franky
    Keymaster

From the docu:

Many newer event options are stored in properties, see eme_events.php function eme_init_event_props(), for a whole list.
    A small enumeration:
    auto_approve (*)
    ignore_pending (*)
    all_day (*)
    take_attendance (*)
    min_allowed
    max_allowed
    rsvp_end_target
    rsvp_discount
    rsvp_discountgroup
    use_worldpay (*)
    use_stripe (*)
    use_braintree (*)
    use_stripe (*)

In your case: the property you’re looking for is “person_only_once” or “email_only_once” (see eme_events.php function eme_init_event_props(), for a whole list).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, I understand I could modify the eme_init_event_props() by setting the value ’email_only_once’=1. But how to do this properly and not have to do it again at each update.Is it necessary to create a hook or is there an other solution?

Franky
    Keymaster

No, *never* change the code. That is not what the doc says. But for changing it “by default” (so without asking for it), use the EME filter eme_event_preinsert_filter for this.
    The next version of EME will have eme_insert_event_filter (a bit more logical name).
    I also created such a filter only for EMEFS (in the version released today): emefs_event_insert_filter

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks but I’m reaching my limits in PHP. I know how to add a hook or a filter in functions.php of a child theme. But I don’t know what filter or function to create and how

Franky
    Keymaster

This should do it:

function my_emefs_event_insert_filter($event){
          $event['event_properties']['person_only_once'] = 1;
          return $event;
      }
      add_filter('emefs_event_insert_filter','my_emefs_event_insert_filter');
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was afraid to ask. Thank you, Franky, for your great support
    Frédéric

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top