Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How to get the date right depending on the period of the event ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky, I have a question for you !! πŸ˜‰

I did put the date on my event page:

<p class=”confdate”>#j #M #Y – #@j #@M #@Y</p>

If I understood well these are beginning and ending dates. In my situation there are events that last one day and some several days. For the several days, it is ok but for the one day events, the plugin displays 2 times the date, one for the beginning and the same for the ending date.

How can I have only one date on 1 day events and 2 dates on several days events ?

Thanks !! πŸ˜‰

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version has conditional tags support, so you can compare the start and end dates and only display the part that you want. See http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=24.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too, would like to know this. For one day events, I keep getting a hyphen in front of the day. Here is my code:

• #@_{j M Y} #_{- j M Y} | #_12HSTARTTIME-#_12HENDTIME | #_TOWN
    #_LINKEDNAME
  • #_EXCERPT<p>

In my event input screen, do I just put the event date for start, or for just end date?

Franky
Keymaster
Anonymous
Inactive

Hi,

I have version 3.1.6 installed and it does not work. Here is the code I entered:

• <p class=”confcat”>#_CATEGORIES</p>

<p class=”conftown”>#_TOWN</p>

<p class=”confdate”>

[events_if tag="#ESC_{j M Y}" value="#ESC_@{j M Y}"] [/events_if]

#j #M #Y – #@j #@M #@Y

</p>

<p class=”confhour”>de #H:#i Γ  #@H:#@i</p>

<p class=”confname”>#_NAME</p>

<p class=”confdetails”>#_NOTES</p>

• It just displays the code on the web page. It means, I think, that it does not understand the shortcode. Maybe I included it at the wrong place ?

Thanks for your help

Franky
    Keymaster

Please do tell me why you think it would work? If you don’t upgrade, don’t use functionality of newer releases. And if you do upgrade: your usage of [events_if] is even wrong, see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=24

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I’m using ver 3.3 with this code in my widget, default event list, & default single event format—now I get my single date, but it doesn’t show my range dates. Why would that be?

[events_if tag=”#ESCj #ESCM #ESCY” value=”#ESC@j #ESC@M #ESC@Y”] #j #M #Y [/events_if]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nevermind, I figured it out. Hope this is helpful to someone else.

I added the events_if conditional tag *in addition* to my regular formatting. So I end up with this:

#_{j M Y} #@_{- j M Y}[events_if tag=”#ESC_{j M Y}” value=”#ESC_@{j M Y}”] #{j M Y} [/events_if]

This gives me my range dates plus shows me only single dates for one day events.

Thank you for a very nice plugin. Will donate to you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very helpful! Thank you for posting the code!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately, It does not work for me Ally. If I use your code, I get “starting date – ending date starting date”, which is logical if we look at your code. What I would like is something like that:

If the starting date and the ending date are the same, then display the starting date. If not display both dates.

No idea Franky ?

Thanks everyone for you help,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually, I just solved the problem using two conditional tags:

[events_if tag="#ESC_{j M Y}" notvalue="#ESC@_{j M Y}"] #j #M #Y #@_{- j M Y} [/events_if]

[events_if tag="#ESC_{j M Y}" value="#ESC@_{j M Y}"] #j #M #Y [/events_if]

Franky
    Keymaster

These are already on the documentation pages as examples:

http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=24

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
    Scroll to Top