Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How to add a weekly RSVP event without a start and end date

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I have this problem: I have a service that has weekly practice sessions as well as one time events. Sometimes people drop off from the weekly classes and I would like to have a possibility to add a weekly event that people can RSVP to.

Let’s have an example:

I have a practice session for something for a group of people every Tuesday from 7 pm to 9 pm. Now one of the attendees drop of and I would like to have a RSVP event for that time visible until I get a new participant.

So far I’ve been adding a new event with RSVP and specific dates, but that causes a lot of confusion on these weekly groups.

Please help 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

If I understand this correctly:

“I would like to have a RSVP event for that time visible until I get a new participant”

you should just limit the number of seats for that event, when somebody drops off the RSVP becomes visible again until the number is once again reached (or the date has expired)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

But the problem is that weekly event shows dates and I need to have it without. So basically just an event for a weekday, not for a specific date.

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

If you don’t want to show the event dates: change the formatting for that event to leave them out. Maybe that can help you? I can’t create events without a date …

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is one option, but I have a quite a few events that should not show dates. Is it possible to change formatting based on category?

Franky
    Keymaster

Look into conditional tags for that, see here for examples: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=24

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried to do that, but I could not figure out how to use them. What should I put on a page if I want to see category 2 events in a list with only the weekday and time showing?

Franky
    Keymaster

There’s an example on that page for categories, and also one that plays with start/end dates. Play with that and with the time placeholders (see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=25 )

Anonymous
    Inactive

I still can’t get it to work. Should I put it in the code or to a page as a placeholder. And sorry for my stupid questions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is the correct format for [events_list format]? Now I got everything else working but can’t figure out the correct way to format output to show weekday, start time, end time and notes. It only accept the first formatting option (in this case #l].

Franky
    Keymaster

If you use the format option, don’t forget to enclose what’s following it in quotes. I really suggest that you first edit the format in the settings page, to get a feel of what changes when you change anything. In your case you want to change the setting “Default event list format”, for which the default is <li>#j #M #Y - #H:#i<br /> #_LINKEDNAME<br />#_TOWN </li>

See http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=25 for all possible placeholders for events, and also for the time placeholders.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much! I got this working now. Only thing I could not figure out is the way to change single event layout without doing it manually for every event. That is not a biggie though 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

An additional note to my previous post: I have two kinds of events, with and without the date.

Franky
    Keymaster

There’s a setting “Default single event format” which you can change. Also there you can use conditional tags to show the date, based on eg. category name or attribute values, …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you! That was the final hurdle I had. I just sent you some lunch money for your efforts in this 🙂

THANKS!

:-Par00ni

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top