Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How do I show an Early Bird Discount on an Event?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

I’ve set up a Discount, a Discount Group and added the Discount to the Event.

In the add/edit Discount form the “Coupon code” has been left empty because in the Discount Form it says:

“If you leave the coupon code empty but set a discount expiration date, you can use this as an “early bird” discount”.

So, I’ve set the “Expiration date”.

When I add the #_DISCOUNT to my form it renders a Form Field with a space for a Coupon Code.

<fieldset>
    <legend>Early Bird Special</legend>
    <label for="DISCOUNT">Discount Code #_DISCOUNT</label>
    </fieldset>

There is no Coupon Code – it’s an Early Bird Special – the total is the same (without a discount).

How do I show an Early Bird Discount on the Booking Form?

Thank you
    Mike

Franky
    Keymaster

That is not the way to add a discount: you’re adding a field inside a label which is bad html.
    I’m not at my desk right now, but just leave out the #_DISCOUNT as a whole.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

If I leave the Discount Field out of the form where does the “Early Bird Special” show on the booking page?

Thanks
    Mike

Franky
    Keymaster

Hi,
    you don’t need to put in the field, it is being used automatically (that’s also why the discount code needs to be empty).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

Great, we want to avoid coupons and discounts codes if we can.

How do we show the person booking the event the Early Bird Special using Events Made Easy?

Mike

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking here. The discount for early birds will be automatically applied per the definition of the discount and the link with the event. Nothing more …
    If you want to advertise that there’s an early discount, then you have to put that in the event notes. Using [eme_if] and checking the value of #_DAYS_TILL_START and #_HOURS_TILL_START you can show the message for a specific period.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top