Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How do I pre-populate the RSVP form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello !!

My Event is by invitation, so I send a email (generic) to a list of People in the EME database. Each invitation shows the person’s firstname, lastname and a couple of custom fields.

This email has a link “Click HERE to RSVP”. The link takes the person to an EME RSVP form linked to an EME Event.

I would like to send back the person’s data (firstname,lastname etc) and pre populate those fields in the RSVP form so the person does not have to type their name etc

How would I do that? Could I put the info on the end of the link url? Or maybe have a hidden field with their EME Person Id. Note none of the people in our database are wp users.

thank you
    Peta

Franky
    Keymaster

Normally, for an invite link, the lastname, firstname and email of the person are automatically added to the invite link (with the url parameters eme_ln, eme_fn, eme_email) and those 3 are then used to prepopulate the rsvp form. Is that not happening for you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    Thank you for the prompt response.
    The link in my invitation email just has the url address of a wp page containing the rsvp form.

How would the url look if it incorporated those url parameters ?

Now it looks kind of like this:
    https://www.nameofwebsite.org.au/2022-VIP-rsvp

Peta

Franky
    Keymaster

Do you use the #_INVITEURL placeholder, inside event emails? And are your events invite-only?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi
    No I am not using those. For some reason, a few weeks ago, I thought they would not work for my situation. I have just had another look and honestly I am not quite sure why I thought that – but I have a better understanding of how the program works now!

So I will revisit. I will do and test the following:
    1. change the Event to be invite-only
    2. send a generic email with #_INVITEURL instead of my link
    3. people will click the #_INVITEURL and open the RSVP form linked to the Event
    4. people will fill in form and booking will be updated

Thank you Franky!
    Peta

Franky
    Keymaster

It is not a “generic email” but an “event email”, only then the #_INVITEURL gets replaced.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top