Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented How do I include VAT in my prices?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’m selling courses to employees and therefore I have to include automatic VAT-calculation, so employers can do the payments. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Many thanks, Janine

Franky
    Keymaster

Currently this is a problem: EME doesn’t provide a VAT field yet, but I do understand the issue here. I’ll try to come up with something (because it includes changing the price calculation, extra option, providing placeholders to show the price without TVA and the TVA percentage)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, exactly! I thank you now already for any creative solution 😉

Franky
    Keymaster

From the changelog for the next version:

* Added the option to define a VAT percentage globally or per event or membership.
      Also added placeholders for events, bookings, memberships and members:
          #_EVENTPRICE_NO_VAT (or #_PRICE_NO_VAT), #_EVENTPRICE_VAT_ONLY (or #_PRICE_VAT_ONLY), #_VAT_PCT
          #_TOTALPRICE_NO_VAT, #_TOTALPRICE_VAT_ONLY, #_BOOKINGPRICEPERSEAT_NO_VAT, #_BOOKINGPRICEPERSEAT_VAT_ONLY, #_BOOKINGPRICEPERSEAT_NO_VAT{xx}, #_BOOKINGPRICEPERSEAT_VAT_ONLY{xx}
          #_MEMBERSHIPPRICE_NO_VAT, #_MEMBERSHIPPRICE_VAT_ONLY, #_MEMBERSHIPPRICE_VAT_PCT
          #_MEMBERPRICE_NO_VAT, #_MEMBERPRICE_VAT_ONLY
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh wow. I really look forward to the next version. This will make lots of Dutch users very happy, I suppose!

Franky
    Keymaster

You could already try out the dev version if you’d like.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That would be nice to try it out. I’ve been searching, but I can’t find where to download the dev version. Do you have a link?

Franky
    Keymaster

You can download any version at the bottom of this page:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/events-made-easy/advanced/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Found it, thanks. Uploaded it and I can see the changes. Unfortunalety, during update all my e-mailsettings have been overwritten ;-). Another lesson learned.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky, I installed the dev version. My e-mailtemplates got overwritten, which I fixed manually, but also no mails seem to go out to subcribers. Is it wise for me to go back to the regular release and wait? Or is it something I did?
    It worked before!

Franky
    Keymaster

EME doesn’t change your settings during an update, not even in the dev version. I’m constantly running the dev-versison over older versions and never encountered this.
    But it seems your mail settings are just not correct or complete. What is your configured mail sending method? And did you activate mail queuing? Is your wp cron working correctly?
    Did you try sending a test email?
    Going back to the old version is no issue at all, no database changes were made.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky, I deeply apologize for bothering you. I just was not patient enough. The subscribe-mails were queued. I forgot to switch off queuing.
    Wishing you a good weekend and thank you for your patience!

Franky
    Keymaster

Does this mean the VAT testing is working out ok for you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I sell the course for € 475 ex. VAT. VAT is 21% which equals € 99,75. Total amount should be € 574,75. I would like to show these amounts in my confirmation mail as follows:

Course costs: € 475,-
    VAT (21%): € 99,75,-
    Total amount due: € 574,75.

I tried te following, but did not succeed yet:

(New instructions in RSVP are: ‘The price you indicate for events is VAT included, special placeholders are foreseen to indicate the price without VAT.’)

So in RSVP I entered the total amount including VAT: 574.75. I entered 21% VAT.

In the mailtemplate I used placeholders #_EVENTPRICE_VAT_ONLY, #_EVENTPRICE_NO_VAT and #_VAT_PCT, to see what would happen.

#_EVENTPRICE_VAT_ONLY returns € 574,75, which is the total amount I entered.
    #_EVENTPRICE_NO_VAT returns € 26,12, which I cannot relate to anything.
    #_VAT_PCT returns 21, which correctly represents the percentage I entered.

I don’t know which placeholder to use for the price without VAT.

So maybe I am not doing this right?

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ll try this here too, with those numbers

Franky
    Keymaster

Error corrected in dev (I forgot that the entered number was a percentage and mixed up some calculations for event price without vat and just the vat).
    Download the latest dev and try again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

YESSSS!!! I wrote this short table:

<table border=”0″>
    <tbody>
    <tr><td>Inschrijfkosten exclusief BTW:</td><td>#_EVENTPRICE_NO_VAT</td></tr>
    <tr><td>BTW (#_VAT_PCT%):</td><td>#_EVENTPRICE_VAT_ONLY</td></tr>
    <tr><td>Totale kosten:</td><td>#_TOTALPRICE</td></tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

and got this:

Inschrijfkosten exclusief BTW: € 475,00
    BTW (21 %): € 99,75
    Totale kosten: € 574,75

This is making me really happy! Thank you very very much!

Franky
    Keymaster

Great! Don’t forget: #_EVENTPRICE_NO_VAT and #_EVENTPRICE_VAT_ONLY are informational prices for an event. If someone subscribes, you should use #_TOTALPRICE_NO_VAT, #_TOTALPRICE_VAT_ONLY and #_TOTALPRICE (which are made based on the number of seats booked, discounts etc …).

And if it is making you happy: make me happy too and buy me some virtual coffee 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Already did that. And some cookies with it. Thanks for the extra info. It is not relevant for now, as only 1 seat can be subscribed for, but in case we change that in the future it is best to be prepared 😉

Franky
    Keymaster

Thanks for the coffee and cookies. Make sure to test the #_TOTALPRICE_NO_VAT and #_TOTALPRICE_VAT_ONLY placeholders too then, to see if I didn’t mess up there too (it is still dev, so I haven’t fully tested it but there is no issue whatsoever since this changes nothing in the db at all).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tested #_TOTALPRICE_NO_VAT and #_TOTALPRICE_VAT_ONLY. You didn’t mess these up, they work fine!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

has somehting changed here in the meantime?

#_TOTALPRICE
    #_TOTALPRICE_NO_VAT
    and
    #_TOTALPRICE_VAT_ONLY
    don’t seem to work anymore?

Instead of a value the Booking Form returns the placeholder as text as if it didn’t exist.
    i.e. Instead of a number it literally reads: ‘#_TOTALPRICE_VAT_ONLY’

#_DYNAMICPRICE works great and respects Discounts, too. 👍
    Am I doing something wrong? The placeholder should work with the [eme_add_booking_form] shortcode, right?

Franky
    Keymaster

No, those 3 placeholders you mentioned are info based on a booking, not in a booking form.
    If you want to show VAT-info in a booking form, that’s only possible for the event info, so see the doc on event placeholders (and search for VAT).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see, thanks for the clarification.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top