Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How do I Handle Seats in a Multi-price Reservation Only Booking?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

All of our bookings are reservation only. They are really applications not bookings. In this situation, no one is actually taking a seat at the time of booking.

We’ve used multi-price settings to advertise the fact that there are two price tiers.

Is there a setting that allows us to avoid/ignore/skip the need to have #_SEATS{1} and #SEATS{2} in the booking form? I’m hoping that this is a fairly common situation and there is a simple way to handle automatically assume that the booking is for a single seat.

In my experiments so far I have tried hiding the input elements but I get an error on submission because both of them are set to “No”.

Franky
    Keymaster

Try setting the min/max seats to book. These (should be) multi-compatible too, so if you set the min to “1||1” and the max too, that should then hide the seats selection.
    At least it is so when you set it to attendance for single-price, but if you download the latest eme-formfields.php from dev, then attendance is no longer required (but it will be hidden if min==max) and it should also work for multi-seats.
    Latest dev: https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/events-made-easy/trunk

Anonymous
    Inactive

I set RSVP min and max seats to “1||1” and loaded the latest eme-formfields.php from trunk.

The RSVP booking form validator still requires #_SEATS{1} and #_SEATS{2} appear in the code or I am shown a warning message.

The SEATS fields are formatted as hidden fields and the user does not see them or have to interact with them.

That is exactly the outcome I was hoping for, thanks for your help

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes indeed, it is still required to set, but just hidden.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top