Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented How can I make EME act as only one instance across my entire multisite?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I use a WordPress multisite that has the same content in multiple languages, currently English and German, though I plan to add more languages eventually. I use a plugin called Multilingual Multisite, by weLaunch, that, based on the site visitor’s browser settings, directs them to a subsite.
    The current structure of my multisite is thus, Main site = English, plus 1 subsite in English, and 1 subsite in German.
    Sorry for giving so much background, here is my question:
    How can I make EME act as only one instance across my entire multisite?

Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, but that’s not possible. The content of each multisite stands on its own, so also in EME this is the case.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, Franky, for your quick reply. Moreover, thank you for developing and maintaining such a great events plugin. I know of one events plugin, Marcus Sykes’ Events Manger, that provides an option to enable global tables mode, which then allows the subsites of a multisite to access the events on the main site. Here is a link to the post: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/want-to-show-all-event-in-a-subsite-for-ms-install/

Is there a possibility of adding this functionality to EME?

Franky
    Keymaster

It is indeed possible to use the global table in case of multisite, and EME can very well do that if I were to add an option for that and change the code for table prefixes and such. Quite some work would be needed, so unless someone sponsors me on that, it will go on the pile of feature requests and might happen 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

I took a good look at the possibilities, and I changed the code around in a way that this is now possible. The next version will have 1 option (in the “Other” section) for this. From the explanation of that option:

If selected and multisite is active, this EME instance will use the database tables of the main multisite instance. This will affect all events, locations, bookings, memberships, templates etc … the only thing that will remain local are all the EME options, allowing you to make language subsites or other things.

Before I release this, I need to figure out the automatic actions though … currently only those of the main site will be executed, meaning your reminder settings there will need to use the EME language tags (if you use reminders or other planned actions).

Franky
    Keymaster

I just released a version that now supports this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s amazing how quickly you coded this! Thank you!

Franky
    Keymaster

Hope you like it. It is very simplistic (and you need to run EME on the main site too), but should suffice for Multilingual Multisite. Currently all mails (if queued) are sent via the “main” site, so best disable queueing for now so you can have the correct mails (in your language of choice) per subsite too. EME has also own language tags, those can help too in creating multilingual templates.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top