Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How can I copy or export all the events from one WP site to another?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere. I searched this forum but didn’t find it. I have a Test site and a Live site. WordPress Tools/Export lets me export either All Content, Posts, or Pages to a file which can be Imported to another. I exported Posts and imported successfully. How can I do the same thing for Events?

Can I export all content will it pick up Events and Import them correctly?

Or is there another approach?

Thank you.

Franky
    Keymaster

The export all content should do it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I mentioned the iCal-import and iCal-Remote-Abos (to display e.g. Holidays from a google calendar) in a mail some month ago. I have many calendars in my old calendar-database (WebCalendar) and I have to import them to EME.

@opolily – you could export complete or partial dump from your test-sql-database and import this to your live-sql-database.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually, I’m trying to copy events from my LIVE db to my TEST db.

I used the export all option to generate a file: all_content.2011-05-17.xml. I opened it in Notepad++ and did a search for text of an event that I know is in the LIVE db – Couldn’t find it.

How can I tell for certain that export all will include my Events from EME?

How can I send you the exported file so you can look for EME Events?

Franky
    Keymaster

If you don’t find the data, then it’s not in there. Do a mysql dump of the eme tables (database tabmes starting with wp_dbem_* or so) and import these.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top