Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Hide event when fully booked

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When an event is fully booked, people still see the form, but can’t chose seats from the pull down menu because there are no seats left. But what people do is submitting the form with ‘0’ seats and fill in the text field ‘5 seats please’.
    Isn’t it possible to hide the form when fully booked or show a message or whatever? Now I have to stay around to shut down the form when it’s full.

Franky
    Keymaster

Errr ?? In all my tests the rsvp form no longer shows if fully booked. You get a message “Bookings no longer possible: no seats available anymore” message in all cases …
    Can you show this? How do you generate the rsvp form?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s what I want! I have an event every 3 month and I just copy the previous event. So if there’s a problem in the event, I also copy the problem. Where should I look?

I use a page with only the link to the form on it ([eme_add_booking_form id=19]). People go there by clicking a button like ‘subscribe here’ on the front page.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I think I have it. What is the minimum number of seats allowed to book in your rsvp settings for that event? If it is 0, then it is logical that the form appears, so set it to 1.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is what I have for minimum seats: 0||0||0||1
    There are 4 types of seats and the last one must be at least 1.

Franky
    Keymaster

For the last seat type, are there any seats left for that?
    I’ll try to reproduce here too, but if you can provide a temp admin account so I can take a look (test event), it would be helpful too.

Franky
    Keymaster

Just tried it here:
    seats: 3||4||2
    Min number of spaces to book: 0||0||1

==> if I reserve 2 seats of the last type, the rsvp form no longer shows afterwards

Anonymous
    Inactive

At seats I’ve just entered the total amount of seats (180). Is there the problem? If you want I can give you a temp admin account.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, so you have multiprice, but not multiseat?
    Split it all and it’ll work.
    For prices (they can all be the same):
    P1||P2||P3||P4

For seats (your available seats per price category):
    S1||S2||S3||S4

For min seats: keep what you have.

That should do it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky, still having troubles with this setting. If I give in the number of available seats per category, then he counts it all together. I have 250 seats and I don’t care in what category they are getting booked. So, I thought 250||250||250||250 (4 cats), but then I have a total of 1000 sets. What should I do?

Franky
    Keymaster

If you have price categories, you need to specify the amount of seats per category …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ow… that’s not an option for me. I can handle 250 people, whatever ticket they bought. Am I unique in this? I can do it with only 1 maximum number (like al already did), but then the form stays online, even when it’s full.

Is there no other solution? I mean, the form sees that there are nog tickets left, he only shows ´0´ in the pull down menu’s. I would think that If he knows there are no tickets, that he can also show the ‘full’ message.

Franky
    Keymaster

So it shows 0 as an option? That means you’ve set the minimum amounts of seats to book at 0 too … set that to 1 and it should be ok.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, I understand, but this is the problem:
    The 4 price categories are age depending. So children get discount. But I don’t allow children without at least 1 adult. Thats why my minimum is set to 0||0||0||1
    If I set the minimum to only 1 it works (I just tested it), but with the risk that children make a reservation without 1 adult.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I don’t see the problem here. You have multiple seat categories with corresponding price categories. For each type you specify the max seats available, and the min/max someone can book in one go. But did you try with just setting the max seats available to 250? You can still keep the price categories …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Amount of seats is set to 250
    Price: 0||7||10||15
    Max seats: 10
    Min seats: 1

I can’t split the total of 250 seats in categories, because I don’t care in which categorie the people book. I just have 250 chairs. This works well for now, but the problem is in the min seats.

Price are for children’s to adults (baby = free (0))

Max seats is to prevent too big groups from booking all the spaces

min seats was before: 0||0||0||1 so that you would always need to book at least 1 adult. But there comes the problem; when there are no seats left, the pulldown on the websites shows ‘0’ for all categories in stead of showing the text that’s fully booked. My smart customers keep on booking with this ‘0’ and fill in the txt form that they come with 5 people. That’s not going to work.

Best solution for now is putting only the nr 1 in min seats. But the risk is that people can also book only children.

Franky
    Keymaster

When using multiseats, your logic is correct.

Edit: I removed the other parts of my comment. I just managed to reproduce your case and it is indeed a bug. Let me get that fixed …
    Edit 2: in fact not a bug, but I just never thought about that case (the total number not being multi, but the price is)
    So, this version of eme_rsvp.php should fix it (contains more than 1 commit):
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/events-made-easy/trunk/eme_rsvp.php?format=txt

The latest changes in that file can be reviewed here:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/log/events-made-easy/trunk/eme_rsvp.php

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky, it seems to work now!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top