Events Made Easy Forums Feature requests Groups nesting

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

We use the groups feature extensively (thanks for that).
    I was wondering if it would be possible to nest groups? This would make the sending of mails etc easier (send to main group). Nesting on 2 levels is suffient for us.

Thanks,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I support this request.

After a while of just keeping the plugin running and reading the update notes I am curious about the new possibilities I will discover now updating a project’s website and its functionality.

As I try to set up memberships now I come to the need of automatically adding the members to several groups, not even one. Another way of dealing with it would be this nesting. So far I would realize my case by a group structure like this:
    Group A
    – Group A1
    — Group A1a
    — Group A1b
    – Group A2
    — Group A2a
    — Group A2b
    Group B
    Group C

And a user who applies for membership A1a should be added to the group A1a but optional also to all the groups above: A1 and A. Same would be nice for event registration.

Is there a chance of accomplishing that already?

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m looking into this. Any code supplied or donation to get this done more quickly is more than welcome 🙂
    In fact it is not really the group nesting that’s a problem, but more the visualization of the nesting (and this needs to be done when selecting groups too).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great great. I’m not able to supply needed code but I’ve transferred a few thalers, knowing that they’re not enough to adequately appreciate your work. Especially after reviewing the latest update notes. Fantastic!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top