Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Green screen of death with newest version

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

After updating the plugin to the newest version, i get the green screen of death on the singtle event page using the #_MAP function.

I deleted the plugin-directory an had to go back to version 3.2.13 and the map shows up correctly.

So this can’t be a problem with the wp_head()function as described in your forum.

I am using WP 3.0.4 with german language.

Can you please check, if there is a pbroblem in the newest releases.

Thx

Franky
    Keymaster

Can you tell me which version has this problem? I just tried using the latest version (3.2.15) and it seems to work just fine … maybe a CSS issue? Can you check that the javascript needed is included at the bottom if using 3.2.15 (it is here)?

Franky
    Keymaster

no response and no other reports of the same, so closing for now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky. First of all, I installed this plugin (version 3.2.15) today and really like it so far.

I am having a similar problem today (green block in place of the google map).

I took a look at the html code the plugin produced and it looks something like this:

<div>
    <div id='eme-location-map_1294863638_66' class="eme-location-map"></div>
    <script type='text/javascript'>
    <!--//
    latitude_1294863638_66 = parseFloat('26.4888');
    longitude_1294863638_66 = parseFloat('-80.0678');
    map_text_1294863638_66 = '<strong>Seacrest Soccer Complex</strong><br/>2505 N Seacrest Blvd. - Delray Beach, FL<br/><a href='http://www.sniperslacrosse.com/events/?location_id=4'>Details</a>';
    //-->
    </script>
    </div>

I do not see a corresponding javascript inclusion of the Google Maps API.

thanks for the help.

Pat

Franky
    Keymaster

How are you using this? Are you using a widget, shortcode or a template function?

Anonymous
    Inactive

shortcode.

Default single event format:

============================

<p>#_NOTES</p>
    <hr style="margin:1.5em 2.0em;clear:both;"/>
    <p style="font-size:125%"><b>Event Details</b></p>
    <p><b>Date</b>: #l, #F #j, #Y (#g:#i#a - #@g:#@i#@a)</p>
    <p><b>Location</b>: #_LOCATION, #_TOWN</p>
    <p>#_DIRECTIONS</p>
    <div>#_MAP</div>
    <hr style="margin:1.5em 2.0em;clear:both;"/>
    <h4>Reserve your spot now!</h4>
    <div>#_ADDBOOKINGFORM</div>

Working hard today, Franky. Much appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

1. I am facing the same problem with the newest trunk. I have tried placing <?php wp_head(); ?> in the index.php and header.php, but still I get the green screen of death. Here’s the link: http://esolex.com/events/?event_id=1

In the Admin panel, it says “map not found”: http://i.imgur.com/LPttd.png

2. The booking form is also not appearing in that page.

I am using the same format as pmn to give you a live page for this problem :).

Franky
    Keymaster

Is your theme using wp_footer()? This is a needed parameter, but some themes apparently leave it out, see http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_footer

Anonymous
    Inactive

That solved it. My theme had not been using wp_footer.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I added the “wp_footer();” in the footer.php, and the map in the “admin panel > locations> location1” works, but still the map is green in the events page. Its same in both Chrome and Firefox, so I am assuming its not a java problem.

Also, the booking form doesn’t show up for some reason. What should I do now?

Franky
    Keymaster

Your theme (blackon) is broken in different ways:

– I see that it calls at least 2 versions of jquery (see the html sourcode):

http://www.esolex.com/wp-content/themes/blackon/js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js

and further down:

http://www.esolex.com/wp-content/themes/blackon/js/jquery-1.2.6.min.js

==> bad (it’s wrong in the headers.php file)

==> these 2 should go out, and see my comment further down for “add_action”

– it still doesn’t have the wp_footer-call (or maybe in the wrong place), as I don’t see the generated code from that in your html output …

– probably you have buddypress activated as well? If so, try changing this code in eme_events.php (around line 2098) from

add_action ( 'template_redirect', 'eme_enqueue_scripts' );

to

add_action ( 'template_redirect', 'eme_enqueue_scripts', 1 );

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you want me to remove both the versions? I have removed jquery-1.2.6.min.js line from header.php and also edited the add_action, but it sill doesn’t work.

I also moved the <?php wp_footer(); ?> from footer.php to header.php. What else?

Franky
    Keymaster

Both should be removed and the wp_footer call should stay in footer.php.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still green. What else could be missing?

Franky
    Keymaster

It’s a crappy theme made by people with no understanding of jquery …

Send me a mail, and I’ll send you a header.php that works, but that’s the last I’ll do for this theme: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

I dont understand, why this should be a problem with the Theme?

I made a mistake with the version infos.

When i am using the version 3.2.10, then everything works fine. But if i’am using any newer version, then I only see the green screen on the page (single event-page with the #_MAP keyword)

I used it with the original Twenty Ten theme and also with a child theme “210 Weaver”.

I allready tried to put the language-files from 3.2.10 to the newer versions, but it didn’t solve the problem.

Why can it works with verion 10, when the theme is brocken?

Regards,

Markus

Franky
    Keymaster

As said: the theme is broken. Why do you think the default twentyten theme works and this doesn’t?

It’s not logical to specify 2 versions of jquery in one html page, also both versions are older than the one given by wordpress. Also the wp_footer call is missing (and in the last version, I put the jquery thingies in the footer to be able to load it just on the right pages).

Thirdly: they use different (obsolete/wrong) methods of jquery calls, that are no longer accepted using the default jquery version in WP (jquery became more strict since version 1.4 I think).

I tried the theme (default even, without changing and without being on an events manager page) and got loads of javascript errors. Conclusion: bad theme.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That sucks. I really like the theme. So the reason for RSVP form not working is also the same? I did put the wp_footer call in footer.php.

Thanks for all the replies. Keep up the good work! 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

As said before: send me a mail, and I’ll send you a header.php that works, but that’s the last I’ll do for this theme: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I am also having a difficult time trying to get the google maps to show after update. The maps do show within the admin section and the twenty ten theme. I can not get it to work with the LondonCreative theme. I have tried the suggestions mentioned above with no success.

Site Link

Franky
    Keymaster

Your theme has a javascript error, effectively stopping all javascripts that happen after the error:

Error: rot is undefined

Source File: http://www.strugglecompany.com/wp-content/themes/londoncreative/sliders/scripts/slider_freshcubes.js

Line: 156

And since the google map api now loads in the footer, this is thus not executed.

See here btw: http://themeforest.net/item/london-creative-portfolio-blog-wp-theme/discussion/70613?page=71

Ask your theme provider for an update/fix.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ve also implemented an option in the upcoming release which allows you to put the google maps API javascript back in the header (but then in the header of every WP page), effectively bypassing these kind of problems. But the correct way remains: fix the theme!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m having the green screen issue as well.

The page is here: http://tocshow.com/?page_id=31&event_id=4

I looked in page.php, and it appears to have a foot function call..

<?php get_header(); ?></p>

<p> <div id=”content”></p>

<p> <?php if (have_posts()) : ?></p>

<p> <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

<!– item –>

<div class=”item entry” id=”post-<?php the_ID(); ?>”>

<div class=”itemhead”>

<h1>” rel=”bookmark”><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

<div class=”date”><?php the_time(‘F jS, Y’) ?> </div></p>

<p> <?php the_content(‘Continue reading »’); ?></p>

<p> <div style=”clear:both;”></div>

<div style=”clear:both;”></div>

</div></div>

<!– end item –></p>

<p> <?php endwhile; ?></p>

<p> <div class=”navigation”>

<div class=”alignleft”><?php next_posts_link(‘« Previous Entries’) ?></div>

<div class=”alignright”><?php previous_posts_link(‘Next Entries »’) ?></div>

<p> </p>

</div></p>

<p> <?php else : ?></p>

<p> <h2 class=”center”>Not Found</h2>

<p class=”center”>Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn’t here.</p></p>

<p> <?php endif; ?>

<!– end content –></p>

<p> </div>

<div id=”secondary”></p>

<p><?php include(TEMPLATEPATH.”/l_sidebar.php”);?></p>

<p><?php include(TEMPLATEPATH.”/r_sidebar.php”);?></p>

<p> </div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

And viewing the page source, jquery.js is called only once.

Any thoughts on how I might get the map to work in this theme?

-Thanks

I LOVE YOUR PLUGIN!!

Franky
    Keymaster

No green screen of death here …

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s because I decided to use a different theme – but thanks, it works fine on the new one.

If you want to know the theme it was going all green on, it’s called “Bluebird”.

Thanks again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I’m having the same problem. My google map is showing green. I tried everything you said in the FAQ and still I can’t get my map to show. However in the admin area it shows with the address being faded. You can take a look at it by visiting this link http://demistyleboutique.com/events/2011-07-07.

Also, I’m using Dark Style Theme.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Franky
    Keymaster

Solve the javascript errors your site is having and your map will apear.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know much about html. Can you give me insight how to solve the issue?

Thank you

Franky
    Keymaster

If you don’t know html: use another theme. The theme you’re using is causing the javascript errors.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In addition, these replica lv handbags wholesale are right on pattern, that are only planning to get hotter in 2011. It is possible to by no means go wrong in picking LV Luxury Replica Handbags more than the other choices around.

_______________________________________________________________________________

cheapest louis vuitton hadbags louis vuitton monogram louis vuitton purses louis vuitton sale

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top