Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Granting Non-Admins Access to Categories Function

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I noticed that the Categories function is unavailable to any user except Admin. Can that be modified somewhere in the plugin? I am passing a site over to a client (editor) who will be managing their events, and they need to be able to add their own categories.

Thanks in advance!

Franky
    Keymaster

There’s a feature request for this (hopefully in July), but for now you need to change the code if you want other rights.

Access to Categories is defined by the constant “SETTING_CAPABILITY” (for now), and this is defined in events-manager.php as:

define(‘SETTING_CAPABILITY’, ‘activate_plugins’); // Minimum user level to edit settings

So if you want to change this, just change the this line to the level of your choice (see http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities for all levels).

A future version will have the possibility to change this level in the settings page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome, thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I may have spoken too soon. I know what role I want to change it to (Editor) but as for how to write it in the code, I am not having any luck as I’m just not familiar enough with PHP. Any further reference you can point me to would be appreciated.

Great plugin – my client absolutely loves how it works and I look forward to the next update.

Franky
    Keymaster

Use this line in events_manager.php then:

define('SETTING_CAPABILITY', 'manage_categories');

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top