Events Made Easy Forums Generic Google Maps just showing the ocean

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

I tried hard to figure out, where my problem is but failed. In the detailed view of an event, I am showing the map #_MAP. The map seems to work (I get the Google logo, the scale buttons etc.) however, the map just stays blue.

When I enter an event location, however, the map shows the correct place.

What is wrong? Any idea?

Thank you

Roger

Franky
    Keymaster

Probably your location can’t be resolved in a unique way, try to be more specific (use street, town, state, country, etc …)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Honestly, it works now but I have no clue why (which is scary).

But thanks for the help….

Roger

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey,

I have the same problem with my installation of EME.

The Map shows nothing, whatever location or event page i’m at. I’m using the example events atm, which always worked.

EME also succefully finds out the latitude and longitude because #_LATITUDE and #LONGITUDE return the right values.

I’m using EME version 3.3.4

Deactivating and reactivating of the plugin doesn’t solve the problem.

Tell me, if you need more information.

-mraero

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just done some debugging with this problem and it turns out, that this only happens if there are quotation marks in the “location_baloon_format” field.

For some reason the quotation marks are escaped in a wrong way so that every ‘”‘ becomes ‘0=’, ‘1=’ and so on.

But by debugging I also found out, that these characters are escaped in the right way until including the function “eme_events_page_content”, but after that i couldn’t find out any further, because i’m not familiar with the way wordpress handles filters of plugins, but i doubt, that something in wordpress’ own routines goes wrong.

Some more information using an example:

Initial value of field baloon_format: <strong>#_NAME</strong>#_ADDRESS - #_TOWN<a href='#_LOCATIONPAGEURL'>Details</a>

After function single_location_map:

map_text_1300871420_7727 = '<strong>Arts Millenium Building</strong>Newcastle Road - Galway<br/><a href='http://DOMAIN/blog/?page_id=9&location_id=1'>Details</a>';

After function eme_events_page_content (still correct):

map_text_1300871600_7567 = '<strong>Arts Millenium Building</strong>Newcastle Road - Galway<br/><a href='http://DOMAIN/blog/?page_id=9&location_id=1'>Details</a>';

After hole processing (at actual page) – wrongly escaped:

map_text_1300871698_0474 = '<strong>Arts Millenium Building</strong>Newcastle Road - Galway<br/><a 0="href='http://localhost/bd-mockup/blog/?page_id=9&location_id=1'">Details</a>';

Maybe somebody finds out why it goes wrong after the plugin has done its job and why it didn’t happen when the field “location_baloon_format” didn’t exist.

– mraero

Franky
    Keymaster

Good to know! Telling me that it has something to do with single quotes gave me the needed hint already 🙂 I’ll debug asap

Anonymous
    Inactive

i just edited it to show the code parts right. I’m happy it helps you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also found out that double quotes don’t change anything.

Franky
    Keymaster

ok, this does not happen on my setup. Quotes are correctly escaped and shown. See here as an example:

http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?page_id=327&event_id=4

Anonymous
    Inactive

hmm, i’ve now figured out that it definitely happens in the apply_filters function, but your function eme_filter_events_page returns the right things. so it should have nothing to do with your plugin

Anonymous
    Inactive

finally found the reason

it was caused by an other plugin, “External Links”. This plugin manipulates links to have a badge next to them to show that they’re external links. Unfortunally it doesn’t work together with links as arguments in javascript parts.

Your plugin’s filter is the first processed filter, because it adds all the content, isn’t it?

I’m just gonna fill a bug report for the other plugin.

Thanks for your help

– mraero

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top