Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Google Maps Text bubble incorrect

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The text in the map bubble is displayed incorrectly. For example, it shows up as:

g>Michiga
    U
    io
    g>
    530 South State
    A

Arbor, MI

Looking at the HTML, it is clear that tags got interrupted somehow:

<stro<br>g>Michiga<br> U<br>io<br></stro<br>

However, my formatting seems to be correct:

<strong>#_NAME</strong><br/>#_ADDRESS<br/>#_TOWN

Furthermore, the bubble displays perfectly fine if I deactivate the Extended plugin and reactivate the original modified Events Manager plugin.

You can see the issues I am having here: http://wmlwl.com/events

Anonymous
    Inactive

Shoot, sorry I placed this in the wrong forum 🙁

Franky
    Keymaster

(I moved the post)

Everything seems correct to me …. maybe something with the “n” replacement has gone wrong and it replaces just the “n” with “<br >”.

Let me check the code.

Franky
    Keymaster

Question: do you have magic_quotes_gpc activated in your php.ini file?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m on shared hosting so I don’t think I am able to check :-/

EDIT: Found it in PHPInfo. Yes, it is enabled. (magic_quotes_gpc On)

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmmm … I tried it here with gpc on as well, no change. Could you check how it is stored in the database?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s fine in the database.

However, I identified the source of the problem. I deleted and reinstalled the plugin and the text showed up fine. When I went to the dbem_locations.php file in the plugin editor to make the text black and enlarge the map to 670px width, it resulted in the messed up formatting. Oddly, when I changed back the values that I had modified, the text bubble was still messed up.

Any idea why this is happening? I really do need to change the text to black and enlarge the map (which worked properly on the modified original plugin).

I am unable to use CSS to apply the change because you use div id’s, being dbem-location-map_# and there are no wildcards in CSS. It would be possible if you used a div class instead, or at least a combination. Perhaps something like <div class="dbem-location-map" id="dbem-location-map_15">.

EDIT: btw it messed up whether I change one or both of the attributes (i.e. color, size)

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I’m just finishing up implementing google maps api v3, and also took into account extra div’s for resizing the whole thing using CSS.

This will be in there:

.dbem-location-map {

background: green;

width: 400px;

height: 300px;

max-width: none;

background: none !important;

}

.dbem-location-balloon {

font-size: 85%;

height: 100px;

}

And I’ll include an extra CSS call so people are able to override the defaults in a seperate CSS file that doesn’t get overwritten with updates.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright, perfect! Appreciate the work you’re doing, this plugin really is amazing 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I think I’m about ready for release. If you want to testdrive, I can explain how to get the code if you want?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure!

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, get the trunk code from here via svn:

http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/events-manager-extended/trunk/

in the readme.txt file, search for “myown.css” for howto override the default css

It also uses google maps api v3, so no more IE6 support …

Franky

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome, works great!

EDIT: noticed that the text in the bubbles is a lot smaller than before, and no longer takes on the attributes I applied in the settings (namely <strong>)

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmm .. can you give an example of that? It is smaller because the css tells the balloon text size to be at 85%, because I want to avoid scrollbars and google api v3 is quite tricky with those. You can always try to change it if you want (see .dbem-location-balloon in events_manager.css)

Franky
    Keymaster

btw: I just tried <strong> in my balloon format settings, and they are accepted without problems. Maybe you override these with your CSS?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahh yeah it was the text size. The text looked like it was not bold due to the smaller size. I changed it back to 100% and it looks normal.

Franky
    Keymaster

So, for the rest this seems ok to you? Then I can maybe go live with this release (once I removed the GMAP API Key comments, since this is no longer needed now)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, haven’t noticed any oddities.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top