Tagged: 

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

love your program! Haven’t quite figured it all out, but have some very decent announcemenets displaying after just one day. However, even though I entered my Google map api, and even though I can see it display in the entry screen, when I go to the site and look at the actual listing, there is just a colored rectangle with the little google map pin – no map. http://atlantagardenconnection.com/events-2-2/ What did I miss?

Franky
    Keymaster

hmmm … weird. I just tried it here and it works just fine (with your address).

I looked at your html source code and saw that the latitude and longitude are both 0, resulting in some point in the ocean.

Which version are you using?

Franky
    Keymaster

Also it seems you’re using some kind of shortlinks? Maybe first try to disable permalinks and try again, it might be related to that?

Franky
    Keymaster

And maybe try to add this to your own theme css (I added it already in the trunk version):

#dbem-location-map img {

background: none !important;

}

should cure the green screen …

Franky
    Keymaster

ok, probably you were hitting two issues:

– your own stylesheet, causing issues for the displaying of the google map

– two maps on one screen: wasn’t possible untill now

I believe I added something to my own css that fixes the first (see my previous post) and I committed code to trunk (the dev version) for the second issue.

Franky
    Keymaster

I released 3.0.3, please upgrade and try again …

Franky
    Keymaster

I see you upgraded to 3.0.3 and you no longer have green screens, but still it seems your events fail to show up ok. I still see in the html code that the latitude and longitude values are 0 … please check your db and see if these values are in fact 0 (in the table wp_dbem_locations, columns location_latitude and location_longitude).

If so, try editing your event and save again, and see if that changes these values …

Anonymous
    Inactive

How do I check the db? In my panel? I’m a bit lost here. Are you in Galway? My daughter’s husband’s family is from Galway – Henseys. Actually, I see it in the backup list, just don’t know how to look at it.

Franky
    Keymaster

If you give me temporary access to your wordpress site, I can check if everything is ok or not. If you want this, please mail me: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, just made you an administrator and emailed the password to you.

Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, but the mailed info doesn’t work. Also the link included in the mail was wrong …

Anonymous
    Inactive

You have to reply to the email to verify your identity before the password will work.

Franky
    Keymaster

This is the content of the mail:

==========================================

Atlanta Garden Connection Registration

Here are your credentials:

Username: Franky

Password: xxxxxxxx

Confirm Registration: http://atlantagardenconnection.com/wp-login.php&redirect_to=http://atlantagardenconnection.com

Thank you for registering with Atlanta Garden Connection!

==========================================

and if I reply the mail goes to “info@atlantagardenconnection.com”. It is not very clear from the content of the mail that I should reply to the mail. And after replying I get an automated answer from info@atlatagardenconnection.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

This issue is present for me as well. WordPress 3.0.1, Events Manager Extended 3.0.3.

Example: http://pagsa.missouri.edu/?page_id=532&event_id=5

I can’t grant you admin access to my organization’s site, so I’ll do my best to query things for you. The result of ‘SELECT location_latitude, location_longitude from wp_dbem_locations;’

is:

+

+

+

| location_latitude | location_longitude |

+

+

+

| 53.275 | -9.06532 |

| 53.2692 | -9.06151 |

| 53.2725 | -9.05321 |

| 0 | 0 |

| 0 | 0 |

| 0 | 0 |

+

+

+

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, the “0” for latitude and longitude are bad … it means that the geocoding process failed there. I have a version ready in test if you’re interested to try out if that works?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure, you can send files to my gmail address with username mowerm. Thank you for the prompt attention.

Franky
    Keymaster

FYI: mdmower is happy with the test version 🙂

So please: do vote for the application and give it some rating on wordpress.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky, the upgrade is working great. I have never voted for an application, but I will. I think a little pdf manual on what the different functions do would be an asset to the download.

Franky
    Keymaster

Nice to hear it works ok now! Concerning the pdf: do you mean the documentation on http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress is not sufficient? I’m always open for improvements …

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is good but the latitude longitude comments really threw me. I really wish you would consider helping me modify the directory plug in to make it something workable. I think you could do very well with it, especially since it would use a lot of the same fields and layout this program does.

Franky
    Keymaster

If you’re talking about wp-directory-pro, then you have payed for it and should get support from them, no?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top