Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Gmail notification issue.

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have set up the gmail notification feature in settings, its been working on and off most of the time the person setting up the booking receives the verification email however, at the top of the webpage the following message is displayed and the webmaster doesn’t get the notification?

Message was not sent

Mailer Error: SMTP Error: The following SMTP Error: Data not accepted.

Also, I had a default sender selected, and deleted that user from WordPress and selected a new default sender and emails went out without a sender I had to just type one into the data field as a workaround.

Any help would be great thank you.

Franky
    Keymaster

There’s no such thing as a default sender. The contact person also *receives* a mail. The sending info is filled in in the settings (Notification sender name, Notification sender address). The setting “Default notification receiver address” has always been ignored and removed from the settings page in the next version (use contact person for this)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been up all night working on this issue, so maybe I was not clear in my question so I will try again.

Earlier I had the Gmail notification working perfectly, then, it abruptly stopped working. So, I assumed there may be a problem with Gmail or possibly my constant testing of the notifications may have caused the issue.

If you try to “book” a reservation an email is sent to the person “booking” the reservation and I am not receiving that notification on my end. The following error occurs after clicking the “Send Booking” box.

Message was not sent

Mailer Error: SMTP Error: The following SMTP Error: Data not accepted.

However, that’s not entirely true because the person “booking” the event gets their verification but I don’t?

I thought my Gmail password was too long or complex to I shortened it (this happens with other services from time to time where my password is too long or contains characters that the service does not allow).

So, I am not sure how to fix this issue, I’ve been working on it for 4 hours now, I am a bit OCD when it comes to this type of stuff and it drives me nuts when things don’t work, I am considering scrapping it and staring all over, I have everything else working now but this.

Thank you for your assistance I do appreciate it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, when “booking” an event the browser takes quite a while before it returns the error message it used to be instant. I am wondering is this could be some weird Gmail issues in regard to a third party app, sending via Gmail? I am really quite sure that I have the settings correct, I’ve read all of the posts and set Gmail up as suggested here: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/#mail-notification-setting

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I just tried it yesterday and had no issues at all. Try leaving the “Notification sender name” and “Notification sender address” empty …

Franky
    Keymaster

On second thought: if the first mail goes out ok and the second one doesn’t, there’s no problem with your gmail connection. The problem is either the receiver’s address (bad email, maybe trailing spaces, unknown domain, etc …) or the format of the mail sent to him.

Can you give your setting for “Contact person email format” and the email address of the contact person? Or mail me some admin access so I can see for myself: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

I send you the information you requested via your email address.

Franky
    Keymaster

Solved: user was deleted. Case has been solved in trunk by detecting if user still exists and otherwise use default contact person.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top