Events Made Easy Forums How do I … generate a page for who has paid for an event

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I would like to create a page that displays attendee information like who has paid for an event, etc, so that my staff can access it without having to log in.

I can see how I can do this using the short codes. But I would have to pass in the event ID. Is there a way to dynamically create an alternate calendar page, so that when someone clicks on that different version of the calendar it would display this page that has attendee the information in it?

Thanks for your help!!

Franky
    Keymaster

Showing it without needing to log in is like having a “hidden” page that everybody can access, and so it will result in public knowledge.
    Just let them log in via the front site, and then use the following in a single event format:

[eme_if tag="#_IS_LOGGED_IN" value='1'] [eme_bookings id=#_EVENTID] [/eme_if]

via the bookings shortcode you can then use a template of your choice then. If that’s not to your liking and you want the calendar option, create a calendar with the shortcode eme_calendar and a template_id describing this for the calendar entry format:

<li>[eme_event id=#_EVENTID template_id=xx]</li>

with xx being the id of another template for a single event format the way you want it.
    The options template_id for the shortcodes eme_calendar and eme_event weren’t documented, that has been corrected now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

Thanks for your support!!! Please bear with me, as I am trying to grasp this template concept…

I did the following which doesn’t seems to be working. When I click on the event, it shows it the way it would normally display it, it doesn’t seem to be using the template:

1.  Created a page with:
       [eme_calendar full=1 template_id=4]
    2.  Created template 4 with:
         <li>[eme_event id=#_EVENTID template_id=5]</li>
    3.  Created template 5 with:
         <li>[eme_bookings id=#_EVENTID #_RESPNAME]<\li>

here is the link to this “side” calendar and yes I know its open :D:
    http://miyceramics.com/eventsmanager/

Could you tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks!!!!
    Denise

When I click on the calendar on any of the events it doesn’t show my new format…

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I was wrong in some optics 🙂
    First: your template 5 should be like:
    [eme_bookings id=#_EVENTID]

But: the first template (with id 4) seems not to be working for you. I’m going to try this evening, but still: it wouldn’t work, since the link to a single event in the calendar needs to be … a link 🙂
    And for now that link doesn’t transmit a template id … I need to think about that.

Franky
    Keymaster

Just tested: here it seems to work as designed (with my remark about the event link being still valid); and I released a new version to fix an undefined variable.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I tried changing the calendar format, and the events format in template 4. I tried both the <li> and the <ul> tags and no tags at all to see if anything would change the calendar page or events page, but it seems to display the same as with the defaults settings.

What should I expect when using the [eme_calendar full=1 template_id=4]? Should I expect that I can override the values in the settings-> EVENTS tab and CALENDAR tab? What did you mean when you said it ” here it seems to work as designed”?

Thanks very much for your help. I really love this plugin :)!

Franky
    Keymaster

yes, indeed. And here it seems to be working as expected. Are you sure that the template id is correct? The id is the generated number for the template, not the name.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I guess I must be really doing something wrong! Here is what I tried:

1. Created a page with the following:
    [eme_calendar full=1 template_id=6]
    2. Created an new template named “TESTING CALENDAR FORMAT” This shows up as ID 6 on my EVENTS->Templates page. It has the following:

<li>#_LINKEDNAME <a rel="nofollow" href="#_EVENTPAGEURL"> </a></li>

My default SETTINGS->CALENDAR tab has
    <li>#_LINKEDNAME <a rel="nofollow" href="#_EVENTPAGEURL"> </a>#_EVENTIMAGE</li>

On my page below you will see the calendar display with the the images even though my template does not specify the images.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
    Denise

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi franky,

1. Created a page with the following:
    [eme_calendar full=1 template_id=6]
    2. Created an new template named “TESTING CALENDAR FORMAT” This shows up as ID 6 on my EVENTS->Templates page. It has the following:
    #_LINKEDNAME

My default SETTINGS->CALENDAR tab has
    #_LINKEDNAME #_EVENTIMAGE

On my page below you will see the calendar display with the the images even though my template does not specify the images.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
    Denise

Franky
    Keymaster

Like I said: it works fine here. If you want, you can send me some login details so I can take a look myself at liedekef@telenet.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I set you up as an administrator! You should get the email with the info. Thanks for your help!!!

admin
    Keymaster

The page you had created contained too much invalid html code (switch to “text” to look at it now). I cleaned it up and it displays correctly now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

THANKS for fixing it! About the second question now, do you think it will be possible to pass the template on the calendar link?

Regards,
    Denise

Franky
    Keymaster

The problem is: if I allow a template id via a link, it will allow people to try and abuse it

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top