Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Frustrated with time zone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Not sure what I am doing wrong…I am trying to set my site to go off of Los Angeles, USA timezone. I set it in my htaccess for php…When I use a test script to do the date it is right…But when I use the daily scope…It isn’t the right time zone…I want the day to end at 3am EST.

Please help 🙁

-jon

Franky
    Keymaster

You have to set it in the wordpress preferences.

Anonymous
    Inactive

mine IS set in the wordpress preferences, but I also noticed that my calendar was jumping to UTC (i think) last night. Jumped the gun on February, that is.

Franky
    Keymaster

Which version are you using? I just did a test and all date calculations happen in the timezone set in your WP preferences. Of course you must have the right to execute the php function “date_default_timezone_set();” (executed in events-manager.php)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just updated to the latest version and my events in the events list widget is still prematurely vanishing. It’s about 2 hours before our event and the event is already gone from the list so I’m assuming (since my WP is set for my correct time zone) the plugin is still some how fetching the wrong time when expiring events.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I would need ssh/ftp access and WP admin rights to such a setup to make some tests … if somebody can provide one of these: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top