Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Front-end input form

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, is there a way to put a front end event input form on a page? Or does this feature not exist?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could you explain what you want? Do you mean a form for event creation (in this case: it doesn’t exist yet)? Or a form for registration for an existing event (this does exist)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I meant a form for other users to be able to create events from a page on the site.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For the moment this does not exist, even in the older version this was a feature request and someone was even willing to pay for it. The form itself should not be that hard to do, but the administration part (accept/refuse/…) is a lot more work. You can always open a feature request for this.

What I will try to do, is integrate a bit with WordPress security, so only users with the role Editor or better will be able to add/edit events.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How about integrating this with gravity forms?

I currently use gravity forms to allow my users to submit testimonials which in my case is a custom post-type with custom taxonomies and image uploads. Once submitted the testimonial shows up as a draft and I simply have to approve it for it to show up on the front end.

I’m very adept at using gravity for front end submission of custom post-types, but after days of reading through the original events manager code, I pretty much gave up. There is so much going on in the code that I could not figure out what is what in there.

Is this possible? –if so it’s a very elegant solution

Franky
    Keymaster

I don’t know gravity forms …

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.gravityforms.com/

http://www.gravityhelp.com/gravity-forms-v1-4-beta-2-released/

I can always ask the company if it’s ok to give you a demo copy for testing. It’s absolutely the best forms plugin available for wordpress. Just google them and you will see almost every wordpress dev saying they are the best. Comes with complete api even

Anonymous
    Inactive

This message board hasn’t been updated in 5 months. Can users on the front-end now add events w/out logging in? If not, we are willing to pay to have this feature request implemented.

Franky
    Keymaster

This forum is reasonably active, for sure not 5 months without new posts.

The front-end submission for is something planned for future release, although (since I don’t know gravity forms and it is not free) without gravity forms.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top