Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Free event with custom fields you have to pay for

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

for our next event, we want the participants to register (for free), but we also offer the possibility to add food to their registration (for example lunch, dinner) and so on.
    For that reason, I created custom fields with a price for these meals (checkboxes) so when they tick the boxes, the price is dynamically calculated.
    Since the event itself is free it’s setup with price 0, adding checkboxes indeed recalculates the price, but when the participant changes the number of seats to more than 1, the price is not being updated with multiplying with number of seats.
    Any idea if it’s possible what I try to do? Better options or just impossible?

Thanks!
    Kind regards,
    Kevin

Franky
    Keymaster

The extra options are standalone options, not linked to the number of seats selected. So changing the number of seats won’t change the number of “dinner”. Best for that is to create a dropdown custom field, with as lables the visible text (dinner for 1, dinner for 2, …) and as values the new prices.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Franky,

works like a charm 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

The disadvantage is that your “dinner” reservations are not counted/limited.
    Another option – if you want to achieve that – is to work with a multiprice event.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will have a look at that, first time we want to do it this way (instead of the old way of mailing word docs) … 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top