Events Made Easy Forums How do I … formating mails for events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    In the back-end the menu ‘Events’ includes 5 tabs. The fourth deals with the format of mail. But these emails are for attendees and not for the event. How to warn attendees when an event is changed or deleted ?.
    Is it possible to have mails by default in case of update or delete event?

Ps : My site is not yet in production but sure you will be inform. Thanks a lot

Franky
    Keymaster

It is by default not foreseen to send mails when the event changes. For that, there’s the section “Send mails”, tab “event mails”.
    Also, there are hooks when inserting/updating an event, so you could always hook in there:
    https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/12-hooks-and-filters/ (search for eme_update_event_action and eme_delete_event_action). But after some code verification, I think the eme_delete_event_action should fire before deleting the bookings for an event, so I’ll change that for the next version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your quick answer. The problem is that i have some users who publish events and i don’t wont give them access to the back-office. I use EME front-end to create events but then they can’t update or delete the event with the front-end.

Franky
    Keymaster

There are just too many options for editing an event, so I have chosen to keep that in the backend.
    If you want to alert the person that submitted the event when an update happens, the hook eme_update_event_action is your best choice.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franky. I understand your choice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top