Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Filters by location and by event contact

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Would it be possible to add some shortcode parameters to allow site visitors to view events by country, state, etc., and also to search for events by the individual event contact name?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, that’s a filter by location thing or so … I’m thinking that it shouldn’t be too hard to add, but country is currently not a field.

Also, for event contact name, you mean: show all events that have this person as contact?

Anonymous
    Inactive

For the location view: you can now out events in any number of categories, so you can create a “location” category as well and then show only events for that category. It’s a workaround, but usable …

Anonymous
    Inactive

The country would be a nice field to have in the future for my site – I will have users worldwide submitting their events, and sorting by country would be helpful. And yes, I would like to have a way for visitors to see only the events offered by a particular event contact if they choose to. Or a way I could list just the events published by one author on their individual author page.

The kind of sorting filters that would be really cool are those used by the RSEvents premium plugin, but I ditched it because it caused huge database bloat (thousands of entries) for a single recurring event in order to allow for ticket sales. After entering just a few recurring events, my site slowed down by over 80% for page loads! (They also didn’t have very good tech support for WordPress.) The sorting filters showed up on the main events page – you could sort by any two different parameters (location, category, contact, date range, etc.).

I’ll look into the location category workaround for now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would also like to be able to show only the events from a specific author. Each user on my site has their own page and I would like to be able to use an argument like “author=username” or “authorID=userID” with eme_get_events_list to filter events on these pages. Using a category or location filter on the page would still allow one user to create an event in another user’s category.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I’ll do “authorID=userID” like implemented catageories, so you can choose one, AND and OR authors. Will be implemented this weekend.

Franky
    Keymaster

Of course AND authors is impossible: an event can only have one author (creator).

So the following has been implemented in trunk:

new parameter for shortcode [events_list]: authorID, so you can show only events created by a specific person. Eg: [events_list authorID=1] to show events from author with ID 1, [events_list authorID=1,3] for authors 1 OR 3

Franky
    Keymaster

Concerning authorID: I changed this to author, since it’s easier to use the loginname than to get the loginID

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, that’s working great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can the author filter be added to the calendar function as well? I am using eme_get_calendar() to display the sidebar calendar on author pages and it would be great to have it only show the author’s events.

Thanks again for the great plugin.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, since the category is added, I guess I can add the author as an option as well 🙂

I’ll try to do that this week.

Franky
    Keymaster

Done in trunk. I’m closing this feature request for now, if anything is desired please create a new one 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top