Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Filterform in specific categories

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky.

I have a question. I have 3 main categories of events. Indoors (37), Outdoors (38) and Online (36).

I have separate pages for each of these three categories.

For example, I have a page for Online events.
    I use the shortcode: [eme_events template_id=2 category=36 notcategory=37,38] (36 being the Category ID for Online)

I have 8 other categories (Music, Film etc.)

When I am on the page for Online Events I am using the Filterform shortcode, so that I can further filter (like subcategories) [eme_filterform category=39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46]

However, when I am on the Online Events page, and the shortcode displays only events from Category 36, as soon as I choose a (sub) category from the filter (for example Music), it displays events from the other two main categories (Indoors (37) and Outdoors (38)) even though I have ‘notcategory’ in the eme_events shortcode.

Is there some way around this?
    Thanks
    Jamie

Franky
    Keymaster

The notcategory should still be taken into account … I’ll test this myself later on

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franky

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, but I’m not able to reproduce this problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi.

How strange. Thanks for looking into it anyway

Jamie

Franky
    Keymaster

If you really want: give me some temp access to your site to see the problem there (and tell me how to see it happen) or otherwise I’ll close this bug for now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky.

Thank you, there’s no need. I came up with a workaround.

I assigned class names for each category to the events elements and then filtered the elements using this method: https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_filter_elements.asp

Thanks again
    Jamie

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Just in case anyone else comes across this issue. I found that it was also solved by not comma separating the category IDs and using the ‘+’ instead

So instead of:
    [eme_events template_id=2 category=36 notcategory=37,38]

I used:
    [eme_events template_id=2 category=36 notcategory=37+38]

However, if any events are marked in two of the categories simultaneously, they won’t appear.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ah yes, I tested with only 1 notcategory. The fact you need “+” is logical there because that translates to “AND NOT IN” (logically speaking) while “,” translates to “OR NOT IN” (which is illogical for a “not”)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top