Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Feature Request: No End Date for Recurrent Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

ability to have recurrent events run until the event is deleted.

Franky
    Keymaster

For the moment this is a no-go: for each recurrent event, all events are generated and stored in the db. So infinity is not really an option … but if you want this, take a large end-date.

I’m guessing you don’t want to show the end-date, and that’s easily achieved in the format settings (generally or per event).

Anonymous
    Inactive

If i create a large end date, will i encounter any performance issues?

Anonymous
    Inactive

also, any plans to make it so recurrent events are added as only one event. That would make it easier to edit the events, instead of my current method of delete/recreate.

Franky
    Keymaster

No performance issues, except some time to create the individual events related to the occurrence.

I don’t understand why it would make it easier: if you delete one event of an occurrence, the whole occurrence gets deleted. If you edit the occurrence (the “reschedule” link), you edit all events of the occurrence at once as well ..

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh, the reschedule link, I just edited the post, my bad. thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top