Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Feature request: Honeypot field in rsvp-form

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

First of all thank you for this great plugin.

I am currently using it on the website of a client of mine. She wants the rsvp-form to be safe from spambots, but doesn’t like the captcha. Therefore I now added a honeypot-field manually: this is a field that has to be left empty (which bots wil not do). The field itself is hidden by the CSS.

I would propose to add this field in the RSVP-form as a feature, as an alternative to the captcha.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Franky
    Keymaster

Not a bad idea: less code and should be easy to implement. So you just create a field with data in it, and the user needs to empty the field? And if the field is not empty: no dice.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, just keep it empty. A spambot will always fill in all the fields. See

http://ajaxian.com/archives/honeypot-captcha

for more details. The field could have a label saying “Please leave this field blank” or something like that.

Now I’m on it:

Can the whole form be changed into something more semantic than the table used now?

Like this:

<ol class=’dbem-rsvp-form’>

<li id=’bookerName’><label for=’bookerName’>Name:</label><input type=’text’ name=’bookerName’ id=’bookerName’ value=”/></ li>

…(other fields)…

</ ol>

Regards,

Patrick

Franky
    Keymaster

This has been implemented in the trunk version. It’s always active so you can just disable the captcha if wanted.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

My apologies for the late reply on the honey-pot implementation. I was not able to review earlier.

I noticed you set the honey-pot <input> type to “hidden”. This will not work, because now the hidden text field cannot be filled in.

The honey-pot line should be something like this:

<span id=’honeypot_check’>Keep this field blank: <input type=’text’ name=’honeypot_check’ value=” /></span>

Hiding the honey-pot is done by css:

#honeypot_check { display: none; }

Apart from that everything works great. Thank you again for honouring my request.

Regards,

Patrick

Franky
    Keymaster

ok, changed in trunk 🙂

Tx for the input!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top