Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Feature Request: hierarchical categories (multi-levels)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Would love to be able to create hierarchical categories.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll second that – I have over 60 categories right now.

Also, I’ve changed the core to put the categories (on the edit event page) in alphabetical order because otherwise, looking through 60 categories is quite difficult.

A tabbed category interface that shows all of a certain subcategory and/or the most frequently used would be great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Something else with categories – I know you have filter by category available, it would be great to make that filter by part of a hierarchy. Frex, I have a the following categories:

Wizard of OZ
    Lion
    Dorothy
    Little Mermaid
    Ariel
    Sebastion

If someone is looking at events for Wizard of Oz, I want them to be able to filter on only Lion and Dorothy. (Actually, I also want the filter to allow multiple categories (I’ve already written that code if you want it.)

Franky
    Keymaster

@wputler: the filter already can do multiple selections (unless it’s a bug and it doesn’t work) by using “multiple” as an option to “[events_filterform]“.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I tried it and it was an “AND” and I wanted an “OR” – I’ll have to look again to be sure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Also, I’ve changed the core to put the categories (on the edit event page) in alphabetical order because otherwise, looking through 60 categories is quite difficult.”

Can anyone please tell me how to do that?

Franky
    Keymaster

The alphabetical order thingie is in trunk, the multilevel request is being postponed until (and if) I ever switch to custom post types.

Franky
    Keymaster

AND and OR are already possible, with exclusions etc … so closing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top