Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Feature Request for 2nd Category Type

Tagged: 

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a 2nd category type or taxonomy to the events.

In my instance, I’m using categories for music type.

As my events span across different countries, I’m having to also use categories to determine which country the events are in so I use ‘notcategory’ in the events_list shortcode.

It seems like there should be a better way to do this and I thought that either a 2nd set of categories (or Sub-Categories) could be better.

What do you think?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky – just been playing around with the filter shortcode and thought of another possible approach to this which might be easier.

Using the filter, you have the notcategory option.

I was not previously using the filters as I was not aware of it.

Now I’m using this which works great:

[events_filterform fields=towns,locations,categories,weeks notcategory=13,33,30,29,34 submit="Filter Events"]

Would it be possible to hide categories like a combination of #_LINKEDCATEGORIES and notcategory=1,2,3, etc.

If not, any feedback on the original request, please?

Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

category and notcategory are very useful and can be used together. But I think you want to hide certain categories for an event, correct?

The parent/child categories thing is something more complicated to code up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Correct.

In my case, I use categories for musical style, but I also use a category for the country United Arab Emirates which I then use to filter OUT those events on the United Kingdom version of the website.

So how could I show a list of categories an event is in and hide certain categories?

Franky
    Keymaster

for the moment it is not possible. An extension to #_CATEGORIES and #_LNKEDCATEGORIES is needed for this.

Franky
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I gave this a go but couldn’t get it working.

Unfortunately, I’m now getting a 404 on all the image thumbnails associated with my events.

Any idea what could have caused that?

Here’s what I did:

1. Downloaded the changed files from here: http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/814692?format=zip&new=814692

2. Renamed the existing files.

3. Uploaded the new ones

4. Viewed the Events page (http://plainandsimple.tv/event-listings) which just gave me the list of dates and no event details.

5. Deactivated/Activated the plugin (I know I should have done this first)

6. Events page looked normal except no thumbnails

7. Removed the new files and restored the originals and still same issue.

Here’s an example of one 404 URL: http://plainandsimple.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/themusicroom_1_innerbig-120%C3%9780.jpg

I’m not 100% sure of the correct process I should be following here, but irrespectively, I’m surprised that it could delete files from the wp-content/uploads folder?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

I stand corrected.

The images are actually there.

It’s changed the x (in 120×80 for the dimensions) to %C3%97

(Percent C3 Percent 97)

Any idea what caused that? I recall it happening on something somewhere before.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It seems to be related to this: http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=2075#post-8557

(Although those lines are commented out in my version.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please can you confirm again how I download from trunk?

Is that from here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/events-made-easy/trunk/

Franky
    Keymaster

See http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=1803#post-8177 if you want the complete trunk. Otherwise you should just apply the differences indicated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I seem to have messed something up somehow as I thought I’d restored the backup which was working fine but now isn’t.

Do you know where that ‘x’ get’s converted?

It’s not in the eme_events table.

Franky
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky – I tried installing the Trunk again but I’m only getting a list of dates and not the event details I’ve got configured in the events list options.

Any idea why that is?

I’ve reverted back to 1.1.3 and it’s working fine again (although I lost my facebook event import which I’ll need to manually add again).

Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

How did you install the trunk version?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Downloaded from your link, then uploaded and activated plugin

Franky
    Keymaster

So you downloaded the zip file and expanded it, replacing all existing files, even those in subdirectories?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah but I didn’t overwrite the existing, I renamed the existing folder and also changed events-manager.php so that the plugin was named events made easy old and ensure it was disabled.

Franky
    Keymaster

then it should just work …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know 🙂

Not sure what’s going on.

When is next release likely to come out anyway?

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I was planning on releasing it today, but I’m not that sure now 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I still have you setup as an Admin if you want to take a look?

I can also provide FTP details.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, as long as it is a testserver: sure, send me the admin info + ftp details

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately it’s live. I don’t mind you doing it on this if you want assuming that you take a backup of the original EME folder? It’s not exactly a high traffic website so there’s no issue in that section going down for an hour or so.

I can backup the MySQL DB as well.

Otherwise I’ll try and replicate it on a test server and let you know how that goes.

Alternatively, should I ‘delete’ the plugin and reinstall from trunk as opposed to renaming files in FTP?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok – this appears to be unique to my production site and did not occur on my dev site.

Unsure why.

I’ve taken screenshots which I’ll email to you separately now.

Franky
    Keymaster

My guess is that you tried some files from trunk (like you did before), thus causing the EME db version variable to be set to the latest value, but since it is now on the latest value, some DB columns are not being created as they should.

You can simply try this by first updating to the trunk version and then changing the value in events-manager.php (around line 112) from this:

define(‘EME_DB_VERSION’, 35);

to one higher:

define(‘EME_DB_VERSION’, 36);

then disable/enable EME and see if it works

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried that and still didn’t work.

You were right though – it was 35 so I changed to 36

Reverted back to 1.1.3 and it’s 33. Does that mean anything?

Franky
    Keymaster

If it works in your dev version and the files are the same, it means that there’s something wrong with the DB in production. Do a mysql schema comparison after both dev and prod have been put at the same EME version from trunk.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Shall I only do this on EME Tables of the entire DB?

And only on structure or do I need to check data as well?

Thanks for your help on this

Franky
    Keymaster

Only EME I guess, and structure alone should be ok.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok thanks

Not sure what I’ll find and/or how to fix it but I’ll try this early in morning when traffic is low.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky – sorry not been in touch.

Just to let you know I successfully installed 1.1.6 today and the issue went away.

Hope you had a great Christmas.

Cheers,

Tom

Franky
    Keymaster

Great to hear!

And yes I did, I wish everyone a happy Christmas 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

Just been trying the new feature but had a few problems.

I’m using the following:

#_LINKEDCATEGORIES[][13,29,30,33,34]

This is just outputting the text as shown above.

If I use the following for just one category it works fine:

#_LINKEDCATEGORIES[][34]

Any idea?

Franky
    Keymaster

See my fix for you in your other post, it is probably related.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok I was only looking at the Single Events earlier, but my page using the events_list shortcode is getting this:

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘][34,13,33,30,29) AND category_id NOT IN (events_if tag=” ))’ at line 1]

SELECT category_name FROM wp_eme_categories, wp_eme_events where event_id =’6224′ AND FIND_IN_SET(category_id,event_category_ids) AND (category_id IN (][34,13,33,30,29) AND category_id NOT IN (events_if tag=” ))

Here is the code I’m using:

#_LINKEDCATEGORIES[][34,13,33,30,29]

IN the single events, I just get [/events_if] where the linked categories should be

Franky
    Keymaster

The events_if part is part of another error you might have, for that I’d need your whole events_list shortcode settings.

But the #_LINKEDCATEGORIES is working just fine here now (I used your placeholder example even), but to be sure minimal matching is used, I’ll change another part of the code.

The complete changeset is here:

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/832823

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top