Events Made Easy Forums Generic Fatal Error – Unknown of bad timezone

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

First off, I’m rather ‘novice’ when it comes to managing a website. Today, I updated to the most recent version of EME, but it immediately crashed my site (I can’t use wordpress to deactivate it).

When either trying to log into the wordpress admin area or trying to view the site, I see only this error log:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone () in /home/commu087/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/events-manager.php:326 Stack trace:
    #0 /home/commu087/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/events-manager.php(326): DateTimeZone->__construct(”)
    #1 /home/commu087/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/eme_actions.php(15): _eme_install()
    #2 /home/commu087/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): eme_actions_init(”)
    #3 /home/commu087/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #4 /home/commu087/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #5 /home/commu087/public_html/wp-settings.php(467): do_action(‘init’)
    #6 /home/commu087/public_html/wp-config.php(90): require_once(‘/home/commu087/…’)
    #7 /home/commu087/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once(‘/home/commu087/…’)
    #8 /home/commu087/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php(31): require_once(‘/home/commu087/…’)
    #9 /home/commu087/public in /home/commu087/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/events-manager.php on line 326

Any tips or insights? I’m pretty lost on how to address this.

Thanks, Dave

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry about the post title. Should be “Unknown OR bad timezone”…

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m looking into this right now

Franky
    Keymaster

What is your wordpress timezone? It seems that is the cause of the problem here …

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, found it … I’ll release a new version (reason: wp has 2 options to set the timezone, and I already took that into account beforehand but forgot to update 1 line).

Franky
    Keymaster

2.0.84 has been released to fix this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, thanks Franky for the speedy replies!

You have any pointers for updating my EME version without access to wordpress? I can’t access my admin page to update the plugin.

Is there a list of changed files/lines you changed that I could upload using ftp if I download a package manually? Hopefully I could then at least get into wp-amin and update the plugin that way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I downloaded the new package from the plugin site. If I upload this in place of my current eme plugin folder, it won’t affect all the event info and settings I have, will it?

Sorry I’m just still really new to how this stuff works.

Franky
    Keymaster

Just remove the existing events-made-easy folder from your plugin directory and unzip/install the latest one will work just fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried this, with new 2.0.84, and still was getting the same error. I saw another thread you were working on about this subject:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-3100/
    Looks like you launched a 2.0.85. That worked for me, thanks again for the quick work!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top