Events Made Easy Forums Generic Extension of the scope parameter within [eme_events]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky, dont know how big this thing is …

As we dont have that much events it would be handy to have a parameter scope=next_event. This prevents us from showing empty contents if we try to display events by time (for the next week or next month).
    Probably 4 of them would be great, so i can propagate the next four upcoming events – even if they are next December 🙂
    scope=2next_event = 2nd next event
    scope=3next_event = 3rd next event
    scope=2next_event = 4th next event

Cheers from Berlin
    Chris

Franky
    Keymaster

Just leave scope alone (the default is “future”) and use limit=4, that’ll show the next 4.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky, thank you for this very quick response.

I got this … but thought i could have a selection of a single event to promote this in a slider … so i would have one slider for the next event (using free space for details), one slider for event after the next event and so on …

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I see what you’re trying to achieve. While I won’t change the scope param (it is time-based), you can use a small trick to only show the event of choice in [eme_events]: create a template (and refer to that template in eme_events with template_id option) and in that template only show the events conditionally. Example:

[eme_events template_id=55 limit=4]

And in template with id 55:
    [eme_if tag='#_EVENT_COUNTER' value='1']show my event the way I want it ...[/eme_if]

That will show the first event (value=1 for #_EVENT_COUNTER). Use another template with value 2 etc …

Anonymous
    Inactive

whow man, you and your EME tool are really great ! It seems there is already a solution for every question in EME.

Many cheers from Berlin
    Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top