Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Expired Events still showing.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I set an event that is recurring daily from a certain time to a certain time. Well, the past daily’s event is still showing. For instance I have an event that started on May 10, and the same event happens May 11, but the May 10 one has not left my code when I have set it to only show “Today’s” events. You can see it at: http://www.ilmnightlife.com

Franky
    Keymaster

Does the event crosses midnight?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes it crosses midnight to about 2am. It then shows the event still on there at 3pm or 4pm when it should of been off of there by 2:01am.

Franky
    Keymaster

The “day” does not take hours into account (because of possible timezone issues). If you want to show an event only on the starting day, use “long_events=0” as an option to the events_list shortcode (which is the default), the same goes for the calendar.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will give that a try. I am using only the get events function. Here is what I have. Hope it works.

eme_get_events_list(“long_events=0&order=ASC”)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m struggling with same problem. Tried

<ul>
    <?php eme_get_events_list("long_events=0"); ?>
    </ul>

but it does not help.

Franky
    Keymaster

This was a problem with events crossing midnight, does yours?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep. My solution now is to hide events ending time and make them end before midnight.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This problem is still unsolved for me. I tried <?php eme_get_events_list(“long_events=0”) ?> it ended up showing every single event created. I reverted back to just having having <?php eme_get_events_list(“scope=today&limit=0”) ?>. I would rather show the past day’s event instead of showing my entire event list with “long_events”. I mean this seems to me a basic issue, that events should not be lasting past their due time that is set. I think it is silly if we will have to put the wrong end time to make it stop.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to visit our website china drop shipping
    BMW Scanner 2.0.1
    BMW Scanner E6x V2.0.1 is intended to work with BMW 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7 series in “new” chassis.
    1.Connecting with all electronic control modules in the vehicle.
    2.For all electronic control units reading identification data, sw/hw versions, user information fields.
    3.For all electronic control units read and clear error (DTCs) memories – standart, shadow, history memory.
    4.Possibility to read/program memory of electronic control units (including CAS modules).
    5.odometer correction CAS by OBDII
    BMW OPPS Product Details
    On vehicle models from the E65 on, BMW is for the first time using fibre-optic cables as standard for communication between control units.
    The optical buses are notable for their high data transmission rate and they are not susceptible to electromagnetic interference. The optical buses in question are the MOST bus, primarily used for in-car entertainment electronics, and the byteflight bus, which serves predominantly safety-critical functions.
    BMW OPPS has been designed for encoding, individualising and programming (CIP) via the Software Service Station (SSS) and envisaged for use as part of the BMW diagnostic system (DIS) from DISPlus and Group Tester One (GT1). It is intended for testing and programming tasks from the E65 series, taking the place of the diagnostic head.
    BMW OPS is intended for rapid programming of control units.
    When operated at the SSS, no diagnostic or technical measuring pro-cedures are possible, as no measuring technology is incorporated; in this instance, OPPS / OPS is used predominantly for programming control units (flashing). Communication with the vehicle can be performed both via the MOST and via the OBD interface. The OBD interface is required for the power supply to the OPPS / OPS and has communication properties via which the vehicle can be identified and the data to be programmed can be determined. From CIP version 7.0, it is possible to delete fault code memories via OPPS / OPS.
    Version: DIS V57 SSS V32
    Set includes:
    OPPS head
    16 Pin OBD Cable
    LAN cable (RJ45 / ODU plug)
    Fiber Cable
    Hard disk with DIS V57 SSS V32
    IBM T30 not included in the package,please customer pay attention.
    Supported languages: SSS – German, French, Spanish, Italian, Netherland, Swedish, Japan, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Taiwan, Russian, Indonesian, Turkish, Greek, Portugese; DIS – English.Spanish.Russisch.German
    CarBrain C168 scanner is a wireless automotive fault diagnostic scanner ,CarBrain C168 can be installed on most equipments that have Windows operating system, and it enormously enhances the compatibility between automobile examination and other automobile maintenance equipments.
    Specification:
    – Chipset: ATMEL Chip
    – Operating system: Windows
    – Dimension of COMBOX: 12*8*2.5CM
    – Dimension of RF box: 6*5*2.5CM
    – Testing port 1: Bluetooth wireless
    – Testing port 2: diagnostic cable
    – Power supply of COMBOX: +12
    – Power supply of RF box: USB
    – Mainboard: Anti-electromagnetism industrial control mainboard
    – Communication mode: COM port and Bluetooth wireless
    Features
    – Easy to use, compact size, excellent per formance, quick response
    – Using Bluetooth wireless technology and based on windows operating system
    – Has a full-range coverage of vehicle types such as Mercedes Benz,BMW, VW/AUDI, Seat, Skoda, Landrover, Citroen, Renault, Fiat, Volvo,Peugeot, Opel, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Obdii/Eobdii Can/OBD injectionsystem, Toyota/Lexus, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Mazda, Suzuki,Daihatsu, Hyundai, Daewoo and Kia
    – Equipped with CAN adapter to test auto model with CANBUS
    – Display data stream in waveform
    – Perform functions like reading DTC code, erasing DTC code, readingdata stream tests on Engines, AT, ABS, Airbags and other
    functions
    – Internet online update, users can update software for individual vehicle models of their own choice via Internet
    – Maintenance records management
    – Standard UBS port

VAS 5054A VW AUDI SKODA SEAT diagnostic Tool
    Visit here for VAS 5054A technical support!
    Bluetooth version
    VAS 5054A Software Version:V15/V16/V17/V18
    VAS 5054A Language:
    English/Chinese/Spanish/Germany
    The VAS 5054A is a universal diagnostic interface for the vehicles of the Volkswagen Group and all OBD vehicle systems from other manufacturers.
    The integrated Bluetooth interface connects the vehicle with a notebook, desktop PC or test system.
    No cables are needed for vehicle diagnostics using the VAS 5054A.
    The range of the wireless Bluetooth connection is 5 to 10 meters, depending on the environment and the type of Bluetooth adapter used on the PC side.
    The Serial Port Profile (SPP) is used for data transfer via Bluetooth. Different Bluetooth security levels are supported.
    The following vehicle bus systems are supported:
    K line (ISO9141-2)
    High-speed CAN (ISO 11898-2)
    Low-speed CAN (ISO 11898-3)
    J1850 (SAE J1850)
    The vehicle protocols are handled directly in the VAS 5054A.
    This ensures fast response times and a reliable real-time behavior independently of the PC operating system. Every time a connection is established, the VAS 5054A software is synchonized with the version installed on the application PC. The VAS 5054A thus automatically adopts any new features provided after a new software version has been installed on the application PC.
    The diagnostic application and the associated Diagnostic Base System are installed on the application PC.
    The Diagnostic Base System can access the VAS 5054A via Bluetooth or USB.
    Access via Bluetooth: After a connection to the VAS 5054A has been set up, the Bluetooth software provides a virtual serial COM port (Bluetooth Serial Port Profile). The Diagnostic Base System uses this COM port to communicate with the VAS 5054A.You need to specify this port when you install the diagnostic application.
    Access via USB: You can also connect the VAS 5054A to the application PC by using the supplied USB cable. Windows detects the VAS 5054A through Plug and Play, and automatically installs the drivers copied when you installed the diagnostic application. Setup of the VAS 5054A is then complete and the device is ready for use
    by the diagnostic application.
    Vas 5054A kit includes:
    1× VAS 5054A main unit
    1×CD(Basis-VASPS 15.00.01-English)
    1×CD(Audi-15-84-English)
    1×CD(VW-Marke-15-82-GB-English)
    1x CD(Operation CD)
    1 x CD(Seat-15 English)
    VAS 5054A Software list:
    English language version V15
    English language version V16
    English language version V17
    Germany language version V16
    Spanish language version V15:
    English language version V18
    Please tell us what language of software and what version of software you want when place an order on our website.Please pay attention,Germany and Spanish language only have one version.
    32MB CARD FOR GM TECH2
    Works with GM TECH2, contain the latest software for GM TECH2.It have four kinds of software, SABA, OPEL, GM, ISUZU. Customer can choose one type of software to be loaded to this 32MB Card FOR GM TECH2.
    If you want to order this product,please email to us or leave paypal message to tell us which car software you want.
    Package including:1pc x 32MB Card for GM TECH2 YOU will know about more informations about obdii products.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haven’t changed any of my code or shortcode and my events are now showing 4 days ago worth. And also I am not seeing any response or issues being solved about this. May have to look for a different event program.

Franky
    Keymaster

@wahha: you’ve not described your use of shortcodes, you use a api function here. For the api function: always use the scope parameter. You can have many scope options, see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=18 (and more are coming in the next release).

Events always show only on their startdate, unless long_events is used.

The “today” code shows events where today is between start and end date of the event. I might need to honor the “long_events” option there as well though, that seems to be something I need to fix (tomorrow). I’ll create a bug report for that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky, have you figured anything else out. I am not using a short code as I cannot use a short code in the page. I have to use the php method which I have posted in here several times. The current php method I am using is:

<?php eme_get_events_list(“scope=today&limit=0”) ?>

I tried using long_events in there, and it does not work.

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes, I have added a new functionality in trunk to the function, namely “show_ongoing”. By default it is 1, meaning ongoing events are also shown, but if set to 0 only events which start date matches the scope are shown. This should solve the problem at hand.

The new function:

eme_get_events_list($limit, $scope = “future”, $order = “ASC”, $format = ”, $echo = 1, $category = ”,$showperiod = ”, $long_events = 0, $author = ”, $contact_person=”, $paging=0, $location_id = “”, $user_registered_only = 0, $show_ongoing=1)

(or you can use the “&” notation and call the parameters in your own order)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry Franky, this doesn’t work for me.

I use them short codes and what I have on my page is

[events_list scope=future showperiod=daily limit=0 long_events=0 show_ongoing=0]

If event goes past midnight, I will see it the whole next day. I still can’t show the end time and must stop event in 23.59.

Franky
    Keymaster

Did you update to trunk?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I copied and pasted the entire code you gave me and still did not work. It was showing all my events that I ever listed and still had the ones from the past. I don’t know if there are suppose to be something with the “” or ” shouldn’t there be uniformity or do I need quotations at all. I tried without quotations, with, without the dollar signs and with.

Here is what I did.

<?php eme_get_events_list($limit, $scope = “future”, $order = “ASC”, $format = ”,

$echo = 1, $category = ”,$showperiod = ”, $long_events = 0, $author = ”, $contact_person=”,

$paging=0, $location_id = “”, $user_registered_only = 0, $show_ongoing=1) ?>

Anonymous
    Inactive

Using 3.3.5, which I believe is the latest.

Franky
    Keymaster

show_ongoing is not in 3.3.5, only in trunk

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky,

I tried the code you posted and it still doesn’t work. My php code was:

<?php eme_get_events_list($limit, $scope = “future”, $order = “ASC”, $format = ”, $echo = 1, $category = ”,$showperiod = ”, $long_events = 0, $author = ”, $contact_person=”, $paging=0, $location_id = “”, $user_registered_only = 0, $show_ongoing=1) ?>

Am I missing anything? I copied and pasted from your site. I tried removing quotations to see if that worked, tried removing dollar signs to see if that work. None of it did. I am still back at using <?php eme_get_events_list(“limit=0&scope=today&order=ASC”); ?>

Is there something missing in your code? When I tried it, it showed all future events, and all my events from the day before.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t understand in “trunk” did the latest update. That did not fix the problem? If not where can we get this update?

Franky
    Keymaster

Trunk: http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/events-manager-extended.zip

For the function call: I gave you the definition of the function, of course you can’t use it like that. Use this type of call (after updating to trunk):

<?php eme_get_events_list(0, "future", "ASC", '', 1, '','', 0, '', '', 0, "", 0, 0); ?>

or using the other notation:

<?php eme_get_events_list("limit=0&scope=today&show_ongoing=0"); ?>

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky! You are the MAN! Rock’n’Roll!!!

Finally I can show the end time and it will not mess up the listing. YESSS!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky, you are awesome. It finally works perfectly. Thank you so much!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top