Events Made Easy Forums How do I … excerpts and "read more" …

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, first up, love the plugin. it’s soooooo good.

but, i’m struggling with some excerpt stuff.
    using the “insert read more tag” and adding the #_EXCERPT to a template was flawless.

but I still need the part that makes it say “read more” or whatever when there is actually more to read. right now users don’t know if theres more to see by clicking the title until they do it. some events have very long descriptions and some very short, so only about 1/3 of events actually have more to read.

please let me know what to add and where. i’d guess i just add something to the template but no idea what …

thanks for any help here.

my site is http://halifaxnoise.com

sample template:

<h66>#_LINKEDNAME</h66>
    <H32>@ #_LOCATION / #g:#i#a</H32> 

<h33>#_EXCERPT</h33>

<li><h34>#_LINKEDCATEGORIES</h34></li>

#_EDITEVENTLINK
    Franky
    Keymaster

You could use conditional tags to check whether #_EXCERPT and #_NOTES are different or not.
    See http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=24

Anonymous
    Inactive

i tried using “Or, print start date, and print end date only if different “ as a jumping off point and came up with this, but it doesn’t work, just printed the full notes and “read more…” on every event. all tips & hints appreciated.

[eme_if tag="#ESC_{j M Y}" notvalue="#ESC@_{j M Y}"] This date is only printed if different from start date: #@_{- j M Y} &#91/eme_if]

——————

[eme_if tag=“#_EXCERPT” notvalue="#_NOTES"] read more … [/eme_if] 

i’m supposed to be adding this to the template, not on the actual page, right?!

Franky
    Keymaster

Make sure your quotes are correct, it seems you’re mixing windows quotes and regular ones …

[eme_if tag=“#_EXCERPT” notvalue="#_NOTES"] read more … [/eme_if]

should be:

[eme_if tag="#_EXCERPT" notvalue="#_NOTES"] read more … [/eme_if] 

Also, when posting on this forum, please use the “code” button where appropriate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

frankie, you’re the best!
    it was totally my weird quotation marks!
    thank you so much for your super speedy response.
    issue resolved.

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh, actually, is there a way to make the “read more” text a link to the actual event?

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes, use either #_LINKEDNAME as a ready-to-use link+text or use #_EVENTPAGEURL and create your own href-link with it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

rad. thanks again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top